Discussion topic: Best mesh network? And can I ditch the Sky router?

This message was authored by Mini+Mo This message was authored by: Mini+Mo

Re: Best mesh network? And can I ditch the Sky router?

@DefinitelyDave  Great result, especially the Wifi 6, I have always liked theTuf AX6000 with it's exceptional performance, dual 2.5G ports & a dedicated Gaming Port.

You can alway leave Thank You  for the engineer here: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Send-Thanks-to-Sky/idb-p/sendthanks

This message was authored by Damage77 This message was authored by: Damage77

I'm in Dublin. I have Asus TUF AX-6000 router. I want to connect it directly to fibre ONT box. Internet provider is Sky. Previous internet provider - Eir, they installed ONT box.
   I read throught several posts and tried PPPoE connection with username: anything@skydsl, password: anything and Internet VID = 10 in LAN IPTV settings. Never got it connected. Do you have any tricks in order to make it working?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Damage77 if you are still on the EIR fibre connection try the log in you used when buying directly as Sky seem to act as a reseller. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

@ChriseeI'm using Sky 500Mbs direct fibre internet connection.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Damage77 yes but whose network delivers the service Sky dont own the fibre network? Sky Ireland's FTTC service uses the EIR log ins I was extending that principle.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

If I correctly understand you, I have to use previous network settiongs and credentials from Eir, because Sky uses the same? I will try to do it.

Old Eir settings didn't work. I found that original connection to Sky router is PPPoE. I installed my Asus AX-6000 after Sky router for a moment before I will get working solution.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion