Discussion topic: Auto Compensation

This message was authored by DEEDEE74 This message was authored by: DEEDEE74

Auto Compensation

I am due to get compensation for not having Broadband for almost 2 months, due to moving home, which eventually could not be installed in the end - so had to cancel Sky Broadband.

I understand that the auto Comensation will be credited to my account, but If i do not have a Broadband account, how will i be Compensated?

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Auto Compensation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DEEDEE74 

The relevant Ofcom document (.pdf) says

"29. Where at the time payment of automatic compensation is made, the customer will not for any reason be liable to receive any further bill from the Communications Provider, and has no prepay account with it, the payment must be made as a monetary payment to the customer."

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@DEEDEE74 

The relevant Ofcom document (.pdf) says

"29. Where at the time payment of automatic compensation is made, the customer will not for any reason be liable to receive any further bill from the Communications Provider, and has no prepay account with it, the payment must be made as a monetary payment to the customer."

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@DEEDEE74 

I believe Sky will use the payment method they have on record for the account: apparently it may be possible to raise a cheque but that's a manual process and inevitably rather slower (presumably because they have to locate an older member of staff who actually knows what a 'cheque' is ; )

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion