Discussion topic: Anyone found a good replacement for sky buddy?

This message was authored by TD1969 This message was authored by: TD1969

Re: Anyone found a good replacement for sky buddy?

Still going strong with my deco as a solid replacement for the old sky buddy 

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@TD1969 

I use Zenarmor with an OPNsense firewall it is an absolute delight to use full control of almost everything being a network layer 7 (L7) application firewall with full logging and control of everything in and going out of our premises internet-wise. The cost is about £300 for the hardware and $10 per month for cloud intelligence, and you need the expertise to set it up. 😀

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by Charnondall This message was authored by: Charnondall

My links were removed before but the router I'm going for is a synology one. Google it and see what you think of the UI and the device profiles.

This message was authored by Scotser This message was authored by: Scotser

Yes sorry and I might be wrong but I don't think anyone on this forum would pay £300 extra for a service that used to be free and still is with BT, EE, Virgin etc. Come on Sky, sort your act out and help us protect our kids.

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@Scotser 

Those systems are very basic, eg: the screenshot of Zenarmor with total drill down is a delight to use:-

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 10.29.55.png

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by Edgeman This message was authored by: Edgeman

BT broadband have a similar app called MY BT, it's a bit ditterent to Sky buddy but it essentially does the same thing. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion