Discussion topic: Add guest wifi.

This message was authored by Fulham142 This message was authored by: Fulham142

Add guest wifi.

Hi 

I know you can't set up guest wifi via the sky router. However, I have read there are possible ways but the advice is very complicated for a non technical person. 

Am I correct in thinking I would purchase say a Draytek Router and then connect this to the main sky router?   

I need to keep the existing router as too many things are already connected heating cctv etc. 

I literally just need a guest wifi and password, so they can access via phones, etc (nothing fancy). 

If anyone has an easy non technical reply or video links it would be much appreciated. 

If its hard and to techy for a novice I'll try an IT local company. 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Add guest wifi.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fulham142 wrote:

I literally just need a guest wifi and password, so they can access via phones, etc (nothing fancy). 

Simplest way is by adding a standalone wireless access point (not a router) but remember the intent of 'real' Guest WiFi is usually network traffic segregation, and such a solution won't do that.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Add guest wifi.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fulham142  You won't need another router, however an Access Point would give you the option to name it aa a guest network but would connect to an existing router port.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion