Discussion topic: ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AXE11000

This message was authored by Dansky2022 This message was authored by: Dansky2022

ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AXE11000

Hi Sorry can anybody help i've brought a Asus Rog Rapture GT-AXE1100 as i have several Rog laptops and need wifi 6e for a new VR Headset (Pico 4) and one of the laptops but will it work straight out of the box with sky ultrafast fibre broadband? I've never been any good with understanding routers.

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AXE11000

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dansky2022 

Not quite out of the box. If you have fttp via an ont

nokia_ONT_fttp_openreach.jpg

Then ethernet the asus to the sky hub and update the firmware sequentially until it doesn't update anymore. The remove the sky hub and plug the asus directly into the ont and find the client identifier (option 61) field and enter

anything@skydsl|anything 

And you should be able to connect to sky

In this scenario you will lose sky internet calls

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Dansky2022
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dansky2022 This message was authored by: Dansky2022

Hi Thank you for your help i'm getting the router on Tuesday so will need to do that, where will I find client identifier (option 61) field and enter anything@skydsl|anything do you mean this exactly or is this an example? sorry for my ignorance on this but never understood anything to do with routers and there setting 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Dansky2022 

You should find client identifier (option 61) in the wan settings screen in the wan section on the left hand side of the main asus screen

And it can be typed as shown or something else so long as the @skydsl| is included

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Dansky2022
Topic Author

Thank you so much i will follow your instructions tuesday night and will ask if i get stuck, where do you enter  anything@skydsl|anything

@Dansky2022 

You will find that option by clicking on "WAN" in the column on the asus which will bring up a seperate  wan screen and further down you should see client identifier (option 61) listed . 

@Dansky2022 

Should look pretty much like this

Ifonefreek_0-1665910975394.png

Don't enable iaid/duid and just type the identifier string in the space provided

Also at dhcp query frequency change from aggressive to normal.

Last thing are you in the uk?

Dansky2022
Topic Author

Hi thanks for the update its arriving today but may not install It as I have covid and not feeling great, yes I'm from the UK 

Dansky2022
Topic Author

thank you so much for your help all set up now and connected to the tinternet 👌🏻👍🏻

@Dansky2022 wrote:

thank you so much for your help all set up now and connected to the tinternet 👌🏻👍🏻

@Dansky2022 

You'd think i'd get commission or something for being asus sales person of the year 👍😷

This message was authored by Kinnabraw This message was authored by: Kinnabraw

does Sky sell a modem that connects to the phone wall socket Ive got an Asus axa110000 router I had this running on bt in my old home but seeking peece We moved to a little town out in the sticks called Inverurie which is perfect but shock and horror they dont have fibre out here now all I have is a sky modem the latest I think but I need 6e wifi .Question is to you do I need a modem ?, does Sky sell a modem?does anyonehave a modem set up for sky I have a jailbroken huwawie 3B but dont know how to work it . all I got from sky was a modem and a wire for the wall . Do I use the sky router as a modem will the sky modem slow down the Asus? Anyone help with a full break down of what I need and what to buy?

Thanks

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Kinnabraw Sky hubs do not work in modem mode but you can connect a Asus router behind a Sky hub with its wifi turned off and have what is known as a Double NAT set up which isnt ideal but works for most devices and apps. This is the simplest set-up

However if you "need" wifi 6e but otherwise are happy wiith the Sky hub which is a router not a modem then you can a run third party wifi unit in Access Point mode which just provides wifi coverage but leaves routing duties to the Sky hub. That is the solution I use myself.

If you want to dump the Sky hub totally the you can either buy a Asus unit with a built-in VDSL modem or use the model you quote behind a cheap TP-Link modem router most of which can be configured to operate in modem mode.

Whatever of those options you choose but of course while Wifi 6e is potentially far faster then the current. Wifi5 the Sky hub offers you will still be limited to the same external bandwidth. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Joshua527 This message was authored by: Joshua527

Hello! @Dansky2022 Would you be able to help me? A step by step guide to setting up? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion