Discussion topic: 24 days and still no installation

This message was authored by Dinodill This message was authored by: Dinodill

24 days and still no installation

Broadband was due to be installed on the 13th August, Openreach come, spend all of 15 mins, tell me he can't do it as needs a cherry picker vehicle to get up the pole, since then I have tried incessantly to get my broadband installed, they are now offering to come on the 6th September so I will have been without I ternet for over 3 weeks,, not good enough, I have asked for compensation as I cannot afford to keep using the mobile as it's expensive. I have had to put my Sky TV installation back 3 times now due to having no internet. Earliest openreach can do is 6th September and I still need them to confirm that date. Not happy at all with the service. 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: 24 days and still no installation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dinodill wrote:

I have asked for compensation as I cannot afford to keep using the mobile as it's expensive. 

The Ofcom-agreed compensation rate for activation later than the agreed date is £5.25 per day: this is paid after the service is finally activated because otherwise the total amount is unknown.  Unfortunately it's up to Openreach to locate a cherry picker and crew, and the current state of industrial relations with their workforce probably isn't helping.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat... 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Dinodill
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dinodill This message was authored by: Dinodill

Re: 24 days and still no installation

Thank you 😊

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion