Discussion topic: unable to fund the price increase

This message was authored by Podmore17 This message was authored by: Podmore17

unable to fund the price increase

I am a 78 yers old pensioner and on a fixed income.  I can just afford the present costs but cannot find any extra cash for the increase.  I only use Sky for TV - not extras like football, films, etc.  I watch Eurosport for motorcycling and BT for Moto GP but nothing else.    I need my land line for emergencies.

My husband is 78 and has chronic fibromyalgia so the television plays a great part in his lifestyle.

Can you help me with the costs please?  Thank you.  Christinje Eyre

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: unable to fund the price increase

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Podmore17 
You aren’t addressing Sky Customer Services here. This is primarily a customer helps customer forum and there will be no automatic contact from Sky.

Unless you have changed your package there hasn't been a price increase since April so a discounted deal might have ended. You would have been told the date the discounted deal was ending when you originally took it out. If you haven’t already you should compare a previous bill to your latest bill and see where the amounts differ.
If your discount has ended you will need to contact Sky to try to negotiate a new deal which will require another minimum term contract. Sky are not obliged to offer you another discount but if you sort something out to your satisfaction make a note of the date it’s ending.
You can either call Sky or use the following link https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#contact-leave This link https://www.sky.com/help/articles/been-overcharged may also help.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: unable to fund the price increase

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hello @Podmore17, the increase is probably because one or more discounts has expired, as @Daniel0210 posted. If you give Sky a ring, they may be able to arrange a fresh discount for you to reduce your costs.

Also check that you're on the most recent TV package, which is the Signature package. You'll be paying more than you need to if you're on an older, legacy package.

You can call Sky free by dialling 150 on your landline.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion