Discussion topic: more than one booster?

This message was authored by Kevin+just+want+t This message was authored by: Kevin+just+want+t

more than one booster?

A sky engineer told me you cant really have more than one booster as they interfeer with each other, however a sky tech service person on the phone told me you can and some people have more than 2! 

Anyone know of any issues with more than one, can tou simply have as many as possible to get the wifi signal all round the house? 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: more than one booster?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kevin+just+want+t 

Certainly possible to have more than one, but any mesh system will have a finite number of nodes beyond which performance suffers unacceptably.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

For the Sky Q mesh, more than 8 Q nodes is where it starts to break down. 

So the basic and serr is yes you can have more than 1 booster. But how many more depends on your current Q setup. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Kevin+just+want+t
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kevin+just+want+t This message was authored by: Kevin+just+want+t

sorry, i have no idea what a Q node is or how many i have!! and I also have no idea what my current Q set up is?  the bloke from sky plugged it in and left ! 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Kevin+just+want+t count the Sky boxes, add any boosters and one for the hub to give you the number of nodes. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by ChrisP123 This message was authored by: ChrisP123

Hi - do we really have to go through the very painful process on the phone to get a boster sent to us? 1 is fine but we now have a bigger house so need an additional

Thanks

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@ChrisP123 wrote:

Hi - do we really have to go through the very painful process on the phone to get a boster sent to us? 1 is fine but we now have a bigger house so need an additional

Thanks

Yes they are only sent where it is required for a Sky Q box to function or you have broadband boost on your subscription and one or more rooms in your home cant get a signal. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion