Discussion topic: Wifi requires frequent reboot

This message was authored by Syd+Veitch This message was authored by: Syd+Veitch

Wifi requires frequent reboot

Until last year I had both Internet and Phone calls on this account (as well as Sky TV packages)

I cancelled my phone contract because of a very bad crackle on the line which Sky appeared to be unable to fix -  requires OpenReach? I would be willing to sign up for telephinw agin if this can be resolved.

Now my WiFi router requires rebooting up to 8 times per day, and my speeds have deteriorated.

I’m on Superfast so should expect :

Download  - up to 59Mbps, and Upload up to 16 Mbps

My test shows Download – 10.58 Mbps,  Upload 4.1Mbps

Best Answers
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

Re: Wifi requires frequent reboot

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Syd+Veitch Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

@Syd+Veitch Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Syd+Veitch wrote:

I’m on Superfast so should expect :

Download  - up to 59Mbps, and Upload up to 16 Mbps

My test shows Download – 10.58 Mbps,  Upload 4.1Mbps

59/16 is a particular form of national average which Ofcom permits ISPs to quote in advertising, not speeds available at every address (note the use of the phrase 'up to'): speed actually deliverable over FTTC has a direct relationship with copper line distance from the fibre cabinet (and cable quality).

However, a 'noisy' line can certainly cause data connectivity to struggle, and yes, it's the job of Openreach rather than an ISP to solve that, although the ISP books the job when a subscriber identifies an issue.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion