Discussion topic: User accounts for sky tv

This message was authored by Steffb13 This message was authored by: Steffb13

User accounts for sky tv

Is there anyway or will it be introduced to have sky tv user accounts.  My house has 4 sky q boxes and obviously they are for different people and sometimes we record shows that we all watch and obviously if I start a show that someone else has also watch it then doesn't pick up where they paused or atoooed so I wondered if in the future we could have user accounts 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: User accounts for sky tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It has been raised here many times but alas it doesn't seem likely.  But only Sky know what they have in the pipeline.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

hi @Steffb13 

I think many people would really like some form of user profiles to be able to separate recordings etc. especially families / households with differing tastes 

As @PandJ2020 it has been raised and I think that SKY have found implementing such a system challenging - it is somewhat different when recordings are stored physically on a single SKY box as SKY Q is, versus streaming (or SKY HD with Separate physical boxes)

Maybe one day it will be implemented but it doesn't seem likely in the near future unfortunately

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Steffb13 wrote:

Is there anyway or will it be introduced to have sky tv user accounts.  My house has 4 sky q boxes and obviously they are for different people and sometimes we record shows that we all watch and obviously if I start a show that someone else has also watch it then doesn't pick up where they paused or atoooed so I wondered if in the future we could have user accounts 

@Steffb13 as @PandJ2020 has said it has been asked for since Q was released in February 2016.

A bit like reminders as its never been implemented by now then the chances are that it won't be implemented at all I'm afraid to say 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion