Discussion topic: Too Many Bugs!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by tarbat This message was authored by: tarbat

Re: Too Many Bugs!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jayboy1990 wrote:

All4 are absolutely the worst they are supplying wrong metadata and as you say they place current series episodes in previous series so playlist doesn't know to pick it up.

And yet ch4 manage to supply correct data to Apple TV, where all episodes of Grand Design appeared without any problem last night. If Apple are able to work with ch4 to get everything working okay, why can't Sky?

2.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TARBAT's SETUP....................Sky Q 2tb v3
Panasonic 65” GZ1500 OLED TV : Yamaha YSP-2700 Soundbar (ARC) : BT Smart Hub 2 & FTTP 900 : BT Disc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Community Superuser. 25 Years Diamond VIP

This message was authored by TechGuy007 This message was authored by: TechGuy007

@Jporch316 I do! (watch Grand Designs). I like to download the episodes onto my HD box rather than record the live broadcast, but the problem is that each episode is only available for one month before it auto deletes, which must be a rights issue... 

This message was authored by TechGuy007 This message was authored by: TechGuy007

The downloads only have very short ad breaks... 

This message was authored by Artisans This message was authored by: Artisans

@Jporch316 wrote:

As @TimmyBGood  is prone to point out the vast majority of users posting on this forum will only do so if they have an issue 

there is a much larger proportion of users who have no issues at all and are more than happy with hardware / service 

Many on this forum are also Sky super-fans who wear their Sky VIP status like a badge of honour, and think billion-dollar multi-national conglomerate that is Sky's owner can do no wrong, and should be forgiven when products that been on the market for over a year still have fundamental Q.A. issues.

@tarbat I'd be interested to know if *all* episodes of the current series of Grand Designs are still available... 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Artisans 

Hopefully I'll get there soon .......

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

@tarbat wrote:

@Jayboy1990 wrote:

All4 are absolutely the worst they are supplying wrong metadata and as you say they place current series episodes in previous series so playlist doesn't know to pick it up.

And yet ch4 manage to supply correct data to Apple TV, where all episodes of Grand Design appeared without any problem last night. If Apple are able to work with ch4 to get everything working okay, why can't Sky?

2.jpg

So, maybe when the data is supplied to sky it's actually sky that are messing up the listings on glass! 

It's horrendous. When emailing VR they barely seem to understand the issue. 

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech

@Jporch316 wrote:

@Artisans 

Hopefully I'll get there soon .......

I was not talking about any specific person in my post, nor anyone in this thread. But if you look around other threads, it's easy to find super-fans who excuse-make when people report fair problems.

This message was authored by tarbat This message was authored by: tarbat

@TechGuy007 wrote:

@tarbat I'd be interested to know if *all* episodes of the current series of Grand Designs are still available... 

All 7 episodes of season 23 are available on Apple TV, as are all previous series back to 1999. They just link to the episodes in the All4 player, where all episodes back to the first series are available.

I've never understood why Sky doesn't do the same, just make everything that's available in the All4 player available on Glass/Stream.

TARBAT's SETUP....................Sky Q 2tb v3
Panasonic 65” GZ1500 OLED TV : Yamaha YSP-2700 Soundbar (ARC) : BT Smart Hub 2 & FTTP 900 : BT Disc
Sky Community Superuser. 25 Years Diamond VIP

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Tbf All4 is a much better app on Apple TV than the sky version. Who knows how Apple handle the data from the app that's different to skys way!

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech

@tarbat Thanks. Very interesting. If I navigate to the C4 catch up service via the Sky+ app, to try to download episodes, the only ones showing are 5 episodes from the current series, nothing else. Weird... 

Maybe Sky has a different deal with the owners of the rights to Grand Designs? 

@TechGuy007 wrote:

If that were the case, then Sky (a premium pay-tv service) having a worse agreement with Channel 4 then the free tier of 4oD available everywhere else is not really good enough.

This message was authored by Carnoch04 This message was authored by: Carnoch04

I realise that this is a problem for folk who watch the shows affected by it. The only C4 shows I watch regularly ATM are Bake Off and Taskmaster. Both seem to be available when I want them.

@Artisans wrote:

@TechGuy007 wrote:

If that were the case, then Sky (a premium pay-tv service) having a worse agreement with Channel 4 then the free tier of 4oD available everywhere else is not really good enough.

@Artisans Good point! I just checked the catch up app on my tablet, and all episodes are there. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion