Discussion topic: Too Many Bugs!

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Too Many Bugs!

I'm beginning to get frustrated with Stream now. Grand Designs on last night, series added but it has not shown up on my Play Now!

When I check the available series for series 24 the current one it has just episode 1 available, so about 5 episodes missing! If I open the All4 app on stream the episodes are there.

This has also happened just recently with

Wheeler Dealers - Discovery

Banged Up Abroad - Nat Geo

Reported Missing - BBC

Lower Decks - Prime

Bad Sisters - Apple

Dahmer - Netflix

It's just not fit for purpose, so annoying as I want it to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

I've run an app refresh and system reboot, no change!

On top of this my TV guide does not populate complete again across a range of channels, Sky promised a Tech team callback as they too established a fault but still nothing!

I still have my Q equipment I am becoming tempted to set it back up and return Glass & puck I am not spending close on £50 a month to be a Beta tester!!!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by MachLoop This message was authored by: MachLoop

Re: Too Many Bugs!

Grand designs is the worst tbh. We have this issue every week.

last nights is not there, well wasn't last night. It's all 4 that is messing this up because you will find some of them on a diff series.

last couple of weeks is listed under series 20.🤷🏼‍♂️
even if u go on all 4 app it's the same. Not a glass issue I don't think.

hope this helps.

****************************************************************************************************************************

Been with Sky 23 years and love tech.

Check out my Sky Glass videos to date.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmDpCnlZ47kNmWGyS6UpR2U9FbTI-sa7S
Topic Author

@MachLoop 

Thanks for your quick reply and appreciate what you say, but I have so many other issues.

The thing is when you sit down for some viewing you just want to press and play, I don't want to be faffing for 20 minutes to find the  program. At least with Q you either went to recorded or catchup and there it is, with Stream it is just so hit n miss.

No not happy with that not when paying for a service.

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

All4 are absolutely the worst they are supplying wrong metadata and as you say they place current series episodes in previous series so playlist doesn't know to pick it up. 

this may be a metadata issue on all4 side, but sky can and should be applying more pressure otherwise the playlist is never going to work as designed. 

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech
This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@Anonymous wrote:

@MachLoop 

Thanks for your quick reply and appreciate what you say, but I have so many other issues.

The thing is when you sit down for some viewing you just want to press and play, I don't want to be faffing for 20 minutes to find the  program. At least with Q you either went to recorded or catchup and there it is, with Stream it is just so hit n miss.

No not happy with that not when paying for a service.

I agree with you. It's a flawed service. 

In the 36 hours since I've owned Stream I've had numerous issues which I've detailed on other threads. It's a complicated IP delivery system that still has gaps in its functionality and cheap hardware than can only just cope with the demands of it. 

When it works it's fine but, for me, even turning the box on successfully can be hit and miss, and as you say, when all you want to do is sit down and watch TV, it's a frustrating start. 

I'm just thankful that I don't need Sky TV. I've temporarily bought into Stream firstly out of curiosity and largely to stop paying Sky large amounts of money. Not because I can't afford it, but because I believe they don't deserve it for the level of service they provide. 

IMHO the best feature of Stream is the ability to turn off the subscription direct from the MySky app. Which I'll be doing.  

This message was authored by Artisans This message was authored by: Artisans

Sky Stream is just Sky Glass without the TV attached.

All these bugs are after over a year of software patches and updates.

All these issues aren't likely to be fixed soon because it's been a year and they still haven't been. The only language companies speak is money, so if missing on-demand content is a deal-breaker, cancel Stream in the cool-off period (while you still can) and reinstate Sky Q. Sky Glass/Stream will never meaningfully improve until people stop accepting a materially worse service.

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@Artisans wrote:

Sky Stream is just Sky Glass without the TV attached.

All these bugs are after over a year of software patches and updates.

All these issues aren't likely to be fixed soon because it's been a year and they still haven't been. The only language companies speak is money, so if missing on-demand content is a deal-breaker, cancel Stream in the cool-off period (while you still can) and reinstate Sky Q. Sky Glass/Stream will never meaningfully improve until people stop accepting a materially worse service.

Exactly. 

This message was authored by bydandie This message was authored by: bydandie

Personally, until stream gets into peoples hands then they won't change.

Glass will have had much less exposure to customers, due to the bad press about the TVs themselves.

Sky Stream
LG 55" G2 OLED
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin v360
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@bydandie wrote:

Glass will have had much less exposure to customers, due to the bad press about the TVs themselves.

Although in their last earnings call, Comcast said:

" ...we are particularly pleased with the consumer response to Glass, which resulted in Sky being the third largest Ultra High-Definition television selling brand in the second quarter.... "

Take that as you will, but such statements are regulated and supposed to be both accurate and meaningful.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Ignore, misread the initial post.

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by bydandie This message was authored by: bydandie

@TimmyBGood that's interesting.  I simply can't understand why the platform is the way it is then?

I've been allowed to keep my pucks for free after being missold Stream, so I really want it to work.

I have both Q and v360 in the house.  Sky Q interface is better than v360 in some areas, but v360 is much better at handling watching from the start across most of the channels (it's also really good at handling different frame rates - would love stream to do this as well).

Sky Stream
LG 55" G2 OLED
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin v360
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

As @TimmyBGood  is prone to point out the vast majority of users posting on this forum will only do so if they have an issue 

there is a much larger proportion of users who have no issues at all and are more than happy with hardware / service 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@bydandie wrote:

I simply can't understand why the platform is the way it is then?

Personally I suspect that having product specification, development, manufacture, testing and launch fall squarely across the pandemic years really didn't help.  With hindsight I do wonder if Comcast regret forging ahead, particularly with commissioning the build of a 'new' class of television set, under incredibly adverse global circumstances.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Topic Author

@Jporch316 but... everyone will have the C4 issue, perhaps not many people are watching C4, so not complaining!

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Anonymous 

I don't watch grand designs 

bout the only thing I watch on channel 4 is naked attraction 😂😂

and the only bug bear I have with all 4 is that it takes about 53 seconds to buffer from a blurry picture to HD

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion