Discussion topic: The codec reported an error. Error Code 14

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by wpfraser This message was authored by: wpfraser

Re: The codec reported an error. Error Code 14

I am getting this error message on my OnePlus 8. Can't watch live TV at all now on Sky Go, very frustrating. Did anybody hear of a fix for this in the end? I phoned Sky and they had no idea.

This message was authored by Jason5 This message was authored by: Jason5

Just got a OnePlus 8 and I get the same error! Come on SKY, fix it please!

This message was authored by MarysLittleLamb This message was authored by: MarysLittleLamb

I am sure this is caused by the latest sky app upgrade.

It's a pain. Looking at the forums it's been like it for a while!

I thought this had been fixed for me. Sky Go has been working on my OnePlus 8 for around 2 weeks now. However, today I tried going on and I got the error message again! Could this be to do with the software update I got over the weekend?

I've had my OnePlus 8 since early June, and live action on Sky Go has never worked. 

This message was authored by MarysLittleLamb This message was authored by: MarysLittleLamb

Sky Go used to work on my standard OnePlus 8. I suspect it stopped working when there was a Sky Go update or the OTA Android update as it looks like that has caused more issues and NOT fixed my issue.

However it is strange as I can watch the cricket on 401 but not 404 - it seems channel dependent. I am also sure it is linked to the device registration process as my device is no longer registering whereas it used - I deleted the device thinking it may resolve the issue.

Assume you have both tried clearing the cache and reinstalling the app?

Sky have escalated to their application team however the fact that each OTA update may cause the issue does not fill me with hope!

This message was authored by User.KFN This message was authored by: User.KFN

I'm also receiving this issue on my OnePlus 8. Catchup works fine, however, live TV either doesn't work at all or only works for a couple of seconds before showing the error message. 

I am sure this is related to the way that sky go registers your devices. I have noticed that the MySky app also seems to do the same job now so it looks like they are aware of the issue and trying to fix it on either app. The problem is really strange though as you can watch channel 401 main event but not 404!

This message was authored by CDub8844 This message was authored by: CDub8844

Was there ever a fix discovered for Sky Go on the OnePlus 8? I too am having the Codec error 14 issue and Sky have been unable to fix it. What's more embarrassing for them is that I am with Sky Mobile too so they have no argument for connection issues. Come on Sky, we pay enough for this to be fixed by now!

This message was authored by Oger83 This message was authored by: Oger83

Hi guys

For all of us with oneplus 8 devices, I have found a fix. 

Open your settings and turn off the vibrant colour effect in display settings. 

Worked for me. 

Thanks

This message was authored by User.KFN This message was authored by: User.KFN

Wow, this works!

Sky, give this person a job! 

Incredible scenes - this seems to work! Thanks a lot

This message was authored by pavvyphul This message was authored by: pavvyphul

Thanks Oger83. Has been a bane of mine ever since getting the OnePlus 8. Also had a problem with the Nowtv app, hoping this will resolve that also. 

This message was authored by AI1969 This message was authored by: AI1969

The person who worked this out derves a medal. Sky had no idea for months but turning off vibrant colour display has sorted it.

Thank you!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion