Discussion topic: Talking Pictures TV

This message was authored by Parkllyn This message was authored by: Parkllyn

Talking Pictures TV

According to Talking Pictures TV's lastest Newsletter it is Sky who have decided not to enable the channel on Glass.

I wonder what the reason is for this.

TPTV are encouraging their viewers to make representations to  Sky.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Talking Pictures TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Parkllyn wrote:

According to Talking Pictures TV's lastest Newsletter it is Sky who have decided not to enable the channel on Glass.

I would email ViewerR@sky.uk

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by SDR This message was authored by: SDR

@Parkllyn wrote:

If that's the case it's a real bummer

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Glass - No Puck
This message was authored by karl+mufc This message was authored by: karl+mufc

My mrs was raging when she found out it wasn't on.

get it back on sky.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@karl+mufc wrote:

My mrs was raging when she found out it wasn't on.

get it back on sky.

It was never on Glass, and obviously have not come to any agreement to get it on Glass as yet, there is nothing to "get back on"

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

I to am missing talking pictures tv please bring it to sky glass 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Commercial decision from Sky. It costs money to stream and they feel the channel isnt popular enough for this, I think they also trying to keep SD channels down to a minimum

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Anonymous suspect you are right and also I think Sky will expect broadcasters to pay which the smaller free-to-air outfits probably resent or can't afford. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@Anonymous wrote:

Commercial decision from Sky. It costs money to stream and they feel the channel isnt popular enough for this, I think they also trying to keep SD channels down to a minimum

The most likely reason is that there is no catch-up / on-demand service from Talking Pictures and they're extremely unlikely to have streaming rights to any of their content. The channel doesn't fit the mould as it would be unlikely for any of their programming to be recordable.

Parkllyn
Topic Author
This message was authored by Parkllyn This message was authored by: Parkllyn

I have emailed TPTV and asked for their coments.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

It's nothing to do with fact that they don't have catch up. It's purely a commercial decision from sky. Every channel they stream will cost them money. TPTV is a free to air channel, sky will have done cost analysis against each channel on glass. Ie will they lose subscribers by not having certain channels against the cost of carrying it. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Parkllyn wrote:

That may just mean that Sky requires channels to take technical measures in order to participate, and TP is unwilling or unable to do so.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Pussin+Spats This message was authored by: Pussin+Spats

@Parkllyn So Talking Pictures launching TPTV encore as of December 1st.its an online streaming service. So could well be taken up by Sky Glass 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion