Discussion topic: Sky says I have no internet connection but I do / Voice Control Not Working

This message was authored by OutlaneTaffy This message was authored by: OutlaneTaffy

Sky says I have no internet connection but I do / Voice Control Not Working

I used Voice Control to watch 'Life at the Zoo'/ There was a message "Voice Control isn't working" and it told me to check my settings. I checked my Settings and another message appeared "It look like you're not connected to the internet" but I haven't done anything to break the connection.

How do I resolve this please? It's a PITB - I can't watch some of my favourite programs but I can watch others.

Help please!!!

Enjoyed Sky for years.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Sky says I have no internet connection but I do / Voice Control Not Working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @OutlaneTaffy 

The first thing I suggest is  to restart your main SKY Q box  (or skip  to the next suggestion)

Use the remote to place it into standby mode

Then remove the power to it (either switch off at mains or remove the power plug)

Wait at least 30s

Then re-apply the power & wait for it to fully restart - this may take a few minutes.

If that doesn't work then I suggest a reboot of your router, followed by another restart of your SKY Q main box

OutlaneTaffy
Topic Author
This message was authored by OutlaneTaffy This message was authored by: OutlaneTaffy

I've resolved this. From my "Connect to your (BT) Hub's wireless" I copied the BT Network name and lengthy (14 characters)  Wireless Password/key and I was again connected. And my voice control is working again.

This problem has happened before when there were atmospheric problems/thunder storms in the area butther are no such problems today. I wish I knew why it happened!

Enjoyed Sky for years.
OutlaneTaffy
Topic Author

sorry @nigea99  I didn't see your post until after I posted mine. I've made a note of your advice in case it happens again. Thanks

Enjoyed Sky for years.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion