Discussion topic: Sky pricing/offers/contract

This message was authored by josejdennis This message was authored by: josejdennis

Sky pricing/offers/contract

So....

Currently paying £146 for the full sky q experience (Full TV package, broadband, bt sport, netflix, mulitroom). That's jumped from £119 in March (all through prices hikes and discounts expiring).

Some of my discounts have just expired and the best they can offer is a total of £10 across various packages, so takes my monthly bill down to £136. What are peoples thoughts on this, the going rate for what I have in place?

Also....

I queried what the cancellation fee would be but was told I couldn't cancel the base package of sky/mulitroom (due to end in April 2022)...they explained that's how it works now, you are stuck in the contract. I rang them back and spoke to a different advisor, got the same message. Surely that's not right?

Thanks.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky pricing/offers/contract

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@josejdennis wrote:

So....

Currently paying £146 for the full sky q experience (Full TV package, broadband, bt sport, netflix, mulitroom). That's jumped from £119 in March (all through prices hikes and discounts expiring).

Some of my discounts have just expired and the best they can offer is a total of £10 across various packages, so takes my monthly bill down to £136. What are peoples thoughts on this, the going rate for what I have in place?

Also....

I queried what the cancellation fee would be but was told I couldn't cancel the base package of sky/mulitroom (due to end in April 2022)...they explained that's how it works now, you are stuck in the contract. I rang them back and spoke to a different advisor, got the same message. Surely that's not right?

Thanks.

If your still in contract then yes there would be termination fees, this is explained in the T & C's you agreed to when you took the packages out.  If you want to renegotiate a deal on the base package then you will have to pay the fees as you already agreed to this package until until April 2022.  Why do you think it's not right?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

josejdennis
Topic Author
This message was authored by josejdennis This message was authored by: josejdennis

...as they've literally just told me (twice) there are no such things as cancellation fees now and I'm stuck in that specific contract until April.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/charges-for-ending-your-sky-contract-early#need-a-hand

is still showing as current

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@josejdennis  There are termination fees if you end a contract early, it in the T & C's that you agreed to.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/charges-for-ending-your-sky-contract-early#need-a-hand

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

josejdennis
Topic Author

Cheers chaps. Clearly the 2 advisors I spoke to were having an off day seemingly.

What do we make of the price I'm paying of £136 if I accept their £10 discount from £146?

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@josejdennis  Sky termination charges only apply if sky terminate the contract because you have breach terms and conditions 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/charges-for-ending-your-sky-contract-early

For Sky TV/Sky Q, HD, Sky+, Sky Multiscreen and Sky Q experience: To end your contract, you’ll need to give us at least 31 days’ notice, which can’t end before your minimum term finishes. The early termination charges below are only payable if we end the relevant TV contract within your minimum term because you’ve breached your terms and conditions.

If you cancel your service(s) after you’ve reached the end of your minimum term, you won’t have to pay any early termination charges.

also the full terms and conditions explicitly state on this link you cannot cancel during a minimum term

https://www.sky.com/shop/terms-conditions/new/ (See bulletin 3 and 4 of ending your Sky services 

Ending your Sky services

• Separate minimum terms may apply to each service. The length of each minimum term is as agreed when you ordered your services and will be confirmed in writing shortly.

• You've confirmed you're happy for your Sky services to start during your cooling off period. You can still cancel in that period but you will be charged up to that point. Your cooling off rights will be sent to you with your full terms and conditions.

• To end your TV contract, you'll need to give us a minimum 31 days' notice which cannot end before your minimum term.

• Early termination charges are payable if, during the minimum term, your Sky TV, Sky Broadband or Sky Talk services end because you breach your T&Cs.

• You may be able to reduce any early termination charge by changing your TV option, changing your Sky Talk Calls package and/or removing any service or feature you pay extra for (where permitted), as long as the change takes effect before the contract ends. Find out more about early termination charges

• If you decide to cancel or switch your Sky Broadband or Sky Talk services to another provider, both your services will be cancelled (unless we agree otherwise).

Furthermore the full terms and conditions document here clearly states this 

https://www.sky.com/shop/__PDF/Sky_Q_contract.PDF

How long subscriptions last

• For information about cooling off rights see ‘Your rights to cancel your order’ at the back of this booklet.

• Your Sky Q subscription package has a minimum term (usually 12 or 18 months) and you cannot cancel your subscription during the minimum term unless you have a contractual right to do so. If we end the subscription early in circumstances where you have breached your contract or are at fault (as explained further in condition 14.7) you will have to pay an early termination charge. Where you have a contractual right to end the subscription early you won’t have to pay an early termination charge. For more information about these charges go to sky.com/earlytermination.

So I'm afraid what the agents told you is correct 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by brianholt This message was authored by: brianholt

@josejdennis at the moment your not in the strongest position as you have a base package which you cant cancel. I would look to bargain a little harder in return for new 18 month contracts. Make sure your contracts co term so you dont have a similar problem later and good luck.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like you I am a fellow customer trying to help so please provide as much info as possible
Sky Q : Sky Gigafast : Sky Talk Anytime : Panasonic JZ2000 OLED
josejdennis
Topic Author

Thanks all. Managed to get the price right down to £115 (keeping all the packages) after a late call last night, including an upgrade to the 'so called' Ultrafast broadband. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion