Discussion topic: Sky go extra gone

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by madmick42 This message was authored by: madmick42

Re: Sky go extra gone

I have sky go and sky go listed as an active contract .

That should read I have sky go extra running contract but not allowed to use it on a games console

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@madmick42 wrote:

but not allowed to use it on a games console

That doesn't make sense as Sky Go Extra is required to use Sky Go on a console so what did they actually say was the reason you can not use it on your console ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Screenshot_20211201-114750.png

He said I'm a gold member with all my rewards intact but by basically can't use my extra on a console unless i pay for the whole home package. They won't look et me post his screenshot

I understand now - yes it does look like you need a Whole Home sub as well as it does say this here under "Sky Go":

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-faqs

And if you’ve got the Sky Glass Whole Home pack, you can stream on four devices at the same time and use Sky Go on your games console.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

That's correct but if you buy that package it's included.my sky go extra was a reward for being a loyal customer which I still am .and my contact confirms I still have it free

Forget about Sky Go Extra, so do you have the "Sky Glass Whole Home pack" on your account ?

No I don't that's the point I'm making

Then as it says on the bit I quoted you do need that as Sky Go Exrtra doesn't apply by the looks of it when you have Sky Glass.

This message was authored by Greenockian This message was authored by: Greenockian

I asked before I removed multiroom if it would affect my sky go and was assured it wouldn't. Sky are deliberately misleading people with this removal of sky go. So I removed multiroom as don't use it. But occasionally when wife has friends over I will be on ps and play few games then watch few things on sky app on the ps4. Now I can't do this without activating multiroom for £11 when sky go extra outwith sky vip used to he £5 its an absolute con with sky. 

This message was authored by Kev1388 This message was authored by: Kev1388

Same issue has happened to me. When cancelling multi room we were told we'd keep sky go extra but the PlayStation says I need sky go extra to watch on it. Hoping it's just slipped off my account accidentally but this threat doesn't fill me with confidence. 

hoping to chat to sky today

Do you get Sky Go Extra via Sky VIP @Kev1388 as cancelling multiscreen would also remove Sky Go Extra unless you can also add it via a Sky VIP reward.

This message was authored by Greenockian This message was authored by: Greenockian

It isn't there as an option in sky vip. This is part of the con. Reluctantly paid the extra 5 quid to have it added.

@Greenockian wrote:

Reluctantly paid the extra 5 quid to have it added.

In that case @Greenockian I have escalated your post to Sky who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to 24 hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion