Discussion topic: Sky Q jitter on new Sony Bravia XH81

This message was authored by Nikolai+M This message was authored by: Nikolai+M

Sky Q jitter on new Sony Bravia XH81

I've just brought a new Sony XH81 and plugged my Sky Q box with the original cable. Using Netflix and Prime on the Sony TV or Sky app it works perfectly but watching normal Sky TV every channel jutters or skips. Sound is fine but picture is the issue. I've set the Picture on Sky to UHD and the HDMI port on the TV to Enhanced Format but nothing works. Help 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

Re: Sky Q jitter on new Sony Bravia XH81

@Nikolai+M wrote:

I've just brought a new Sony XH81 and plugged my Sky Q box with the original cable. Using Netflix and Prime on the Sony TV or Sky app it works perfectly but watching normal Sky TV every channel jutters or skips. Sound is fine but picture is the issue. I've set the Picture on Sky to UHD and the HDMI port on the TV to Enhanced Format but nothing works. Help 

Turn on Judder reduction in the app settings. This forces the Q box to output 60Hz which can help a bit, but you are far better using the apps on the TV - they'll be much more reliable and likely to offer frame rate matching and better Dolby Vision HDR. The Q box apps are generally inferior on all counts.  

Nikolai+M
Topic Author

Hi, thank you for your help. Does it matter that Netflix app works perfectly on Sky Q but not the picture from Sky Q? I've checked cables etc

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@Nikolai+M wrote:

Hi, thank you for your help. Does it matter that Netflix app works perfectly on Sky Q but not the picture from Sky Q? I've checked cables etc

Sorry - I misunderstood your initial question. Judder reduction won't affect general TV viewing on Sky Q - it only affects the apps. 

Do you have any form of picture enhancement turned on for the HDMI port you have Q attached to on the TV?

Are you using the HDMI cable that came with the Q box (with the pink end)?

Nikolai+M
Topic Author

OK thank you. Yes, usual pink cable and the only enhancement is on the TV for the HDMI port to match the Sky Q setting of UHD setting 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion