Discussion topic: Sky Q Reminders via LG Tv with ThinQ A.I

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Sky Q Reminders via LG Tv with ThinQ A.I

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I have an LG 43UK6300PLB TV one of Sky's free Black Friday Deals

Sky+HD had this handy feature in the form of a pop up on your screen that required you to be constantly clued to your screen so you didn't miss it.

Auto view was another handy feature on Sky +HD where it automatically changed to the programme you set the reminder for.

Yes I did have Sky+HD boxes yes I used reminders and auto view do I miss them no not really Sky Q for me was a cheaper option same amount of boxes for less so reminders and auto view didn't enter the equation.

Reminders on Sky Q are achievable at the end of the day it's just a visual prompt to tell you that your programme is about to start.

Let's get started and rack up those reminders F1 this weekend don't want to record no problem.

1. Make sure your LG Magic Remote operates your Sky Q box.

2. Make sure your voice control on the LG Magic Remote work.

3. If doesn't matter if you have your Sky Q box in standby mode.

4. Sky Sports F1 HD channel 406 Press the voice control button on LG Magic Remote and say " search  programme 406"

16250431720649117933656629306941.jpg

You will get this screen next press up and select Upcoming TV

16250435519617789210758171006573.jpg

Select Live Formula 1 Motor Racing and you'll get the screen below.

16250441391861849634724867799521.jpg

Set reminder for 406 Sky Sports F1 Practice 1 10:00am Practice 2 13:45 pm

Click the down arrow in the Friday box to set reminders for Saturday and Sunday.

20210630_091018.jpg

No reminders are set for Sunday as work is calling so record once has been set🤣🏁

I'm sure the pop up reminder stays longer on the screen compared to Sky+ and I'm also sure that it will change to the programme if you are not already watching 406.

I'll test this out later just to be 100% it works as it should.

Apologies for the winded post hopefully some may find it useful some may not but hey ho you can't win em all🤣🏁

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky Q Reminders via LG Tv with ThinQ A.I

@best+of+the+best wrote:

Reminders on Sky Q are achievable at the end of the day it's just a visual prompt to tell you that your programme is about to start.

Just to be pedantic, that's not 'Reminders on Sky Q', but 'Reminders on LG' ; )

Neat hack though.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
best+of+the+best
Topic Author
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Update set a reminder today just try out if it worked correctly.

20210630_171012.jpg

Did get the pop up as well.

20210630_171411.jpg

20210630_171433.jpg

It didn't automatically change channel apologies for that

With the LG Magic remote press the voice control button and say " programme  406" 

20210630_174233.jpg

20210630_174236.jpg

20210630_174238.jpg

If you haven't got the LG magic remote use your Sky Q remote when you see the pop up my work here is done.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@best+of+the+best wrote:

It didn't automatically change channel apologies for that

I don't think it could: there's no shared means of communication by which the television could generate such a command to the Sky EPG interface.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion