Discussion topic: Sky Q HDR box upgrade

This message was authored by Playa1Gamer This message was authored by: Playa1Gamer

Sky Q HDR box upgrade

Hi do Existing sky Q customer orders the new sky Q HDR box get a new card with it if you pay the £50 self install 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Sky Q HDR box upgrade

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @Playa1Gamer cards are not replaced with an upgrade so it is important to make sure it is taken out of an old box before doing the swap

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@Playa1Gamer 

If you have ordered one check that you actually receive the correct box. Several reports on here of customers paying the £50 'upgrade' fee and receiving a non-HDR capable box. HDR boxes are still in very short supply.

Playa1Gamer
Topic Author
This message was authored by Playa1Gamer This message was authored by: Playa1Gamer

Thanks for letting me know 

This message was authored by Stephen+Horne This message was authored by: Stephen+Horne

You keep your existing card so make sure you take it out.  Usually you swap your old box with your new box on the doorstep with the courier.  No cardboard box required, as the courier opens the outer parcel box the new one come in, gives you the inner parcel, takes your old box, remote, hdmi cable and power lead and puts it in the outer box.

Once you self install the "new" box, go into settings and look for the hardware version of your box.  If it starts with a 32C or 32B0, they have sent you an old box which isn't hdr.  This happened to me.  On Wednesday I paid £50 to upgrade my existing box to a hdr one.  Got the "new" box the next day.  Plugged it in, and it was an old 32B0 box.  Phoned straight away, still waiting for this to be resolved.

Playa1Gamer
Topic Author

So looks like we need to wait for sky to give us update to see if they have the hdr box's in stock 

This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

@Playa1Gamer

They are in stock. You just need to make sure you say it's an HDR-capable box you require, and check it is when it arrives. There are some horror stories on here - but equally you don't hear about all the thousands of times they get it right... 

This message was authored by Stephen+Horne This message was authored by: Stephen+Horne

Just got off the phone.  The only hdr boxes they have in stock are the 1tb versions.  The guy read out the stock availability of what boxes they have.  Back in stock are the non hdr 2tb boxes, and said that there was an explanatory note saying that these 2tb boxes were not hdr compatible.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@DoomOracle  You take the old card out of the old box and put it in your new box, you won't get a new card, there is no need to.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion