Discussion topic: Sky Glass delivered with no stand or bracket!?

This message was authored by T.Edz This message was authored by: T.Edz

Sky Glass delivered with no stand or bracket!?

Just had delivery 1.5 hours earlier than expected .. the 2 lads said they were quick today as nobody had ordered stands!? Left a 65 inch tv in my lounge in the packaging and the puck, but no stand!? And they're telling me that sky glass doesn't come with a wall mount now!? Can someone let me know if it comes with a wall mount?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Sky Glass delivered with no stand or bracket!?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@T.Edz wrote:

Just had delivery 1.5 hours earlier than expected .. the 2 lads said they were quick today as nobody had ordered stands!? Left a 65 inch tv in my lounge in the packaging and the puck, but no stand!? And they're telling me that sky glass doesn't come with a wall mount now!? Can someone let me know if it comes with a wall mount?

@T.Edz the stand should come with the TV as standard and shouldn't need ordering by the customer I believe the wall bracket is part of the stand 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@T.Edz wrote:

It does come with a wall mount, unfortunately it forms part of that stand.

You're going to have to call Sky as no TV should arrive without the stand. If you check the Panther website for your delivery there should be 2 entries each time, 1 is the TV, the other is the stand.

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@T.EdzHere are the installation instructions, it should be delivered with a normal stand and the couriers should fit it unless you tell them not to, the wall mounting is part of the stand so unless you want to use your own bracket you need it.

Wall mounting 

T.Edz
Topic Author

Apparently have to cancel the whole order and have it collected - according to Sky!???

@T.EdzSeems mad

I have escalated this to Sky and hopefully they will come back to you, Private message or email, and be able to sort something out for you. Look for a blue blob bottom right of your screen.

T.Edz
Topic Author

Thanks .. I've been on the phone with sky for over an hour and to 4 different people- they've all said that it has to be collected and a brand new order placed - regardless if the 65inch white is sold out as I've heard!?! I'm fuming .. thinking of getting my own wall bracket for it 

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Unfortunately we wont be able to do anything different with this on the messaging service. We can go through basic troubleshooting for glass but nothing further when it comes to orders or replacements or returns, this is not something that we deal with. If a call to the contact centre has taken place and they have advised that is what they need to do then there is unfortunately nothing further we can add as we would be passing the case through to that same team you have spoken to.

This message was authored by Cornishrattler This message was authored by: Cornishrattler

This is the kind of shambollocks that led me to cancel and go back to Q. I'm afraid Sky and Panther are a good fit at the moment and compliment each other perfectly

This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

@Mr+Flibbles+86 

That's an absolutely appalling response.

A customer's contract is with Sky, not Panther. As a result, Sky is fully accountable, and has complete responsibility for ensuring that what the customer has ordered is delivered by the company to which it has outsourced the role. 

Anything that falls short within that chain must be remedied by Sky, to the customer's minimal time and inconvenience. It is not the responsibility of the customer to chase delivery of a stand that Sky's delivery partner failed to deliver. The customer should be able to inform Sky, and Sky should then rectify the situation to fulfil its obligations around the transaction.

It is disgraceful to suggest that there is nothing more that can be done other than collect a working television to then have to redeliver it. That is clearly an absolute joke.

Somewhere there is a stand without a television. 

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

At no point did I say Sky could not deal with it, I pointed out that it is not something that we on the community messaging service are able to deal with as we do not have the required access. Just like we arent able to process sales or cancel services, Glass is a new product and has a team specifically set up to deal with situations where replacements and collections are required.

What process that team have to go through in these circumstances, I don't know as I am not a part of that team. 

@Mr+Flibbles+86Thank you the problem is there seems to be no way of escalating anything like this when the whole process has broken down the customer is I believe raising a formal complaint but there must be a way of resolving these sort of problems in a timely manner when the help desk either can't or won't help.

Posted by a Sky employee

I understand that absolutely, and dont get me wrong I would love to be able to help in anyway possible. 

It isn't through a lack of care or willingness to help on our part on the community, we just do not have the means to deal with these particular issues. We are a very small team with limited access to what we can and cannot do and unfortunately this situation is not one where we have the ability to help as none of us are on the tier 2 team handling these cases.

T.Edz
Topic Author

The worst part about it was the panther lads said another customer said he didn't want a stand and I could've had that customers? Of the 13 they delivered today, 6 didn't have stands - that would then mean they have to go and collect 6 working tv's and potential pucks - take them all back, then those customers have reorder to go to the back of the queue.. it's completely backward? When there's still 100's just waiting for an email inviting them!? 
And the lad from sky didn't know you could mount the tv, said it's not made for that!? He was baffled when I explained there was instructions inside the tv box explaining How to fit the bracket they supply 🙈🥴

This message was authored by Cornishrattler This message was authored by: Cornishrattler

I doubt anyone here would single out an individual who works for Sky and probably given the retoric on here I applaud you for posting. However as an organisation Sky released Glass without any apparent support network to dealeffectively with the problems that were bound to arise.

My Q gets reactivated tomorrow and waiting for the Glass to be collected, I've been with Sky for 23 years and can probably count on one hand the number of times I've had to call them up until Sunday. I draw the line at paying premium prices on substandard goods and Glass in my view is just that, nowhere near ready for general release, just my opinion through experience though.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion