Discussion topic: Sky Glass VIP - Forget it.

This message was authored by busylife This message was authored by: busylife

Sky Glass VIP - Forget it.

I've just spent some of my quality time in a conversation with a person representing Sky (after taking more of my quality time just trying to get a phone number.

Here's the context. I would like Sky Glass (and a more cost effective contract). Been with Sky for 22 years or more and have been on the full package with them for most of that time. Apparently that gives me VIP privilages (of which I am still trying to work out what they actually are). I have five mobile phone contracts (the maximum). Three mini Q boxes as well as Sky Q box. Sky ultrafast broadband and phone line (much to the disgust of BT). I pay for BT Sport, Netflix and Disney + through Sky as well as all of their TV packages. My contracts are up for renewal in December. 

I wanted Sky Glass. A valued customer (VIP as they KEEP telling me). Register here they say. I did. Backed that up with a phone call to discuss a renewing of the contract with Sky Glass instead. No can do. October 16th "You're too early. We will call back after 18th October to discuss contract etc further." Guess what? Yep, no call. 

My wife comes home one day. " Do you remember Doris (not her real name!)?" 

"Yes, I remember Doris. Why?"

"Well, weren't you after one of those Sky Glass things?"

"Yes. But she has Virgin. Why would she get one?"

"Doris is an 'influencer' on social media so she is getting one before anyone else."

Being a partially patient person, I overcame my annoyance and thought that I'd wait. Two mobile phones ready to upgrade and a Sky contract will help (leverage). Managed to deal with the mobile sales calls and stream of emails reminding me to renew in a very professional manner. My time will come!

So today I thought that I'd call. I wanted to know why it is taking so long (Chris Evans fault for banging on about how great Sky Glass is). Lovely person on the phone who very quickly made me aware that she could renew eveything for me but had nothing to do with Sky Glass. Couldn't really help. After hearing my story, she was good enough to try to find out some further detail (would have been great to do this straight away). Apparently, I should be receiving a 'code' for confirmation that I'm allowed to have one (still quoting that VIP privilage to Diamond and Platinum ONLY. Gold and Silver will have to wait).  Think you'll find that VIP have to wait as well, lovely person. Latest email introduces me to a choice of colour!!

Lovely person went away and confirmed that if I go into a Sky Store (no idea where the nearest one is) then I would be able to sort from there as long as they have stock. Hmmmmmm......... I detect something here that moves away from Sky's insistance that the VIP customer comes first. 

"So, if a new customer walks into a Sky Store and wants Sky Glass, they get it there and then?"

"Well, Alan (me), not wanting to be in any way argumentative (lovely person), they may not have stock. However, yes they would which would be the same if you walked in, they could organise for you. If you renew today we can always add Sky Glass later."

"Does that mean that shops are holding stock for customers off the street whilst I am waiting for Sky Glass opportunities?"

"They may not have the stock. It's just an option. You may find that they have run out of stock."

"So it could be a complete waste of time. And it is still the case that a new customer has the chance to buy Sky Glass before VIP customers receive a 'code'?" 

I think the rest of that conversation is redundant in its use for my message here. Suffice to say that lovely person still attempted to get me to renew my contract today, without Sky Glass. 

Over the years, Sky have proven again and again that their idea of VIP is somewhat lacking. Hundreds of entries into VIP competitions. No joy. Getting Sky Glass. No joy. 5G coverge on my mobile (a mater of a few months Alan). No joy. Sky boost signal (have it now but originally....). No joy. Poor home wifi signal sorted. No joy (bought a BT booster in the end). And, I could go on............

All I want to know is, am I alone? Are there other lifelong customers who suffer the same treatment? 

Oh, and, she genuinely was a lovely person. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

busylife
Topic Author

Re: Sky Glass VIP - Forget it.

Can you believe they censored my subject heading?! 

Sky Glass VIP - Forget it.

busylife
Topic Author

Oops - no they didn't!! 

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

Sky VIP is nothing more than a marketing gimmick designed to make you feel like you are special and somehow better than other people. The reality is, you're not. 

This message was authored by Totalwar2 This message was authored by: Totalwar2

You should go to the sky shop where I got mine from and I only a gold vip customer.

https://www.sky.com/shop/store-locator/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=Yext&utm_campaign=11164-0269

@busylife 

Sky Steam Sky Boardband and Sky Moblie SKY BRING BACK NEVER MISS.
This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Every one of skys customers become VIPs therefore I don't feel special or valued any differently to others. 

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech
This message was authored by Technologywizzard This message was authored by: Technologywizzard

Do you want a code I've got another one I've not used at all for you. 
but hopefully your in for the ride and that you actually know what to expect and you done your research 

This message was authored by safe This message was authored by: safe

I'm a "Gold VIP" so registered online as they were giving them to people more important than me first.

I decided to pop to a sky store near me the same day which weirdly meant no waiting list.  Ordered Sky Glass instantly and arrived two days later.

In summary, go to a store and anyone can get one, none of this bogus VIP list.

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The VIP wait is only applicable to online and telephone orders unless people use the specific link that was circulated and bypasses the need to be any level of VIP. 

I too ordered at a sky stand as it was just easier. 

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech
This message was authored by picard007 This message was authored by: picard007

I received my code and ordered Sky glass.

I wish I hadn't.

If I was you I would count myself  lucky thatyou  have not ordered Sky glass. ( Sky Q is by far superior ) The amount of channels missing on Sky glass and the daily problems with the Sky puch are not worth the hassle.

If I had know all the problems I was going to encounter with Sky glass I would of waited at least 12 months before ordering.
MY friends and family who have Sky Q asked me what Sky Glass is like? My answer don't do it and stay with Sky Q. 

Sky have rushed this new technology out with out sorting out the problems to make it fit for purpose. This will greatly effect the Sky brand all just to make a few extra bucks at the exspence of customers.

SKY GLASS WASTE OF TIME

This message was authored by TaxmanOriginal This message was authored by: TaxmanOriginal

Steer well clear of Glass at the moment.... I can tell you in all honesty that the experience was like visiting a Mercedes Garage , wandering around all the plush Electric vehicles , signing up for the best thing since sliced bread.... going home waiting in anticipation for the package to arrive... Looking at the sheer size of the box it came in , I ordered large.... Setting it all up a breeze... started to use it .... only to find it has more in common with Del Boys reliant cant afford than a plush Mercedes electric vehicle. I am now stuck with a TV that has less features than my mobile.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion