Discussion topic: Series link record the same show a few hours later

This message was authored by Dmes This message was authored by: Dmes

Series link record the same show a few hours later

Hi, I've noticed that sky is duplicating the recording when I have a series link. It'll record one at 2am and then later that day it record the same show at 8pm. When I try a remove the 2am recording I can't series link the 8pm showing only record once and if I leave the 2am recording it automatically records the 8pm showing again. I've had the on sky Atlantic and sky max channels. Any ideas how to correct this? 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Series link record the same show a few hours later

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dmes wrote:

Hi, I've noticed that sky is duplicating the recording when I have a series link. It'll record one at 2am and then later that day it record the same show at 8pm. When I try a remove the 2am recording I can't series link the 8pm showing only record once and if I leave the 2am recording it automatically records the 8pm showing again. I've had the on sky Atlantic and sky max channels. Any ideas how to correct this? 

@Dmes as the channel broadcasters are responsible for the metadata for the series links then as the channels are Sky you would be best to contact viewers relations at viewerR@sky.uk 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Dmes wrote:

You are right that some shows on SKy Atlantic & elsewhere seem to do this. 

It seemed to start with some shows that began being aired 'in synch' with US TV showings on the likes of Games of Thrones and Billions a while ago now and the seasons of Billions since have continued this 

It seems now to be happening more 

I have never bothered to contact Viewer relations (as mentioned by @Laing1 ) although I guess if I did, it would add to the numbers being noted as I guess if they only get a handful of reports they may not change it

Personally I just accept it and delete the later show after watching the recording from the early morning. 

As you say,  do be careful not to upset the series link by deleteing too early

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

I've contacted Viewer Relations several times about this issue and they just don't seem to comprehend that it's an issue at their end. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion