Discussion topic: SKY F1 Offer 2021?

This message was authored by wvbarnes This message was authored by: wvbarnes

SKY F1 Offer 2021?

Hi, Off the back of 18 months with full SKY Q incl multiroom/Sport/Cinema etc and a big price hike we have reverted to new entertainment bundle UHD and HD only. 

Last year there was a March offer of SKY Sports F1 for a rolling monthly £10 for 12 months. There is nothing about this in 2021 I can find.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: SKY F1 Offer 2021?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@wvbarnes wrote:

Last year there was a March offer of SKY Sports F1 for a rolling monthly £10 for 12 months. There is nothing about this in 2021 I can find.

Likely to come soon when the season kicks off at the end of this month.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
wvbarnes
Topic Author

Still no offer this year for F1

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

In the pass couple of years it's shown on the first Monday after the pre season testing so could show from a week Monday (15th)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
wvbarnes
Topic Author

Thank you, last year showed as £10 for 12 months rolling offered for four weeks from 29 Feb.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@wvbarnes  Yep last year's offer started the day after the second pre season testing ended which ran from 26th-28th feb and the offer started the day after 29th feb

This season there's only one pre season testing block which runs this coming weekend from 12th-14th March so expect the offer (if it comes) anytime from 15th March 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
wvbarnes
Topic Author

Super logic. I'll keep looking. £18 rolling is on my Q box but not my web account or app. Fall back if nothing offered. An email got a call today from Indian support. Waste of time! Tiresome all this negotiating after 30 years. F1 used to be free with hd add on!!!

This message was authored by Parrot+Slayer This message was authored by: Parrot+Slayer

Ted and co will be talking to themselves at that price.

This message was authored by Lenkelly166 This message was authored by: Lenkelly166

Far too much when much of the time it's a precession.  At £18 I'll give it a miss this year and watch the highlights on 4.

This message was authored by Dave+Schaer This message was authored by: Dave+Schaer

I'd like to thank Sky for saving my weekends this year. 

Every year, I've sat glued to my TV for hours and hours on Friday's, Saturdays and Sunday's, every other week and sometime in between, to keep up with my Formula 1 obsession. 

I've long wanted to break this indulgent consumption of my Spring, Summer and Autumn weekends and now, bumping-up the price from £10 to £18 per month (that's an 80% increase by the way, when Inflation is running around 2%!), has finally done it!

Although the Sky coverage is really good and none of the other channels are worth bothering with any more, if I can't watch my favourite motorsport fully and properly for £10 a month, I really can't justify watching it at all.  Job done and my life is returned - Thank you Sky!

Hope everyone flushed enough to support this commercial abuse of our sporting passion continues to enjoy it. D x  

This message was authored by Dave+Schaer This message was authored by: Dave+Schaer

P.S.  R.I.P. Murray Walker, what a legend.

This message was authored by ac173 This message was authored by: ac173

Its looking likely that many of us wont be subscribing this year especially judging by the negative reaction to their ridiculous 'only 18 pounds' advert on facebook. Sky have lost most of the Cricket, European Football (Champions  League, La liga etc) and Rugby as well as Disney content yet continue to increase their prices by inflation busting amounts every year (80% for F1!!!). Their unsustainable business model around the Premier League rights is the most likely culprit. Now they're ripping off Golf and F1 fans as well as standard subscribers to subsidise it as their customer base dwindles. I'm subscribed to their broadband and sky q signature package until October but as soon as my contract period is up I'm leaving. I'm furious with the contempt they have shown for their remaining loyal customers.

wvbarnes
Topic Author

Thanks to all who have contributed.

My 'My Sky' app says 'SKY VIP Diamond Where loyalty gets more rewarding.'

Don't think so.

This message was authored by Oyodi This message was authored by: Oyodi

Same here, the only reason i have Sky TV is for the Formala 1, I remember when F1 was included in the basic sky package, which was why I joined way back; I believe that £10 per month was a reasonable amount to pay, but at £18 I know I will be subsidising the ridiculous amounts they pay for football, so I too, will leave when my contract is up, and make do with the highlights on Ch4 unless they reduce the cost of watching F1 to a reasonable amount, infact I would sign up to a new 18 mouth contract and stay with Sky if they offered F1 at £10 per month on an 18 month contract.

This message was authored by Parrot+Slayer This message was authored by: Parrot+Slayer

Well judging from the advert I heard today on the radio, they are committed to charging £18 (t&C's apply). There is no way back. 10+ years of watching F1 live ho well all good things must come to an end.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion