Discussion topic: Replacement for Sky Broadband WIFI router

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Replacement for Sky Broadband WIFI router

@murfo 

Excellent, that's what I like to hear. 😀

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by FritzAndGeorg This message was authored by: FritzAndGeorg

Hi there Mae-3,

May I thank you for your contributions to this forum.... you are not alone and I thank everyone for their time and for sharing their/your knowledge and experience. 

I'm ROI based and your contributions have been spot on in terms of PPOoE, sign-ins etc.

Can I say that I have been pretty underwhelmed with my experience of my first day of broadband "activation" from sky. Soooo not your fault, we here need a massive upgrade into the 21st century in terms of technology and legislation to facilitate actual customer service especially when dealing with ISPs. 

This message was authored by FritzAndGeorg This message was authored by: FritzAndGeorg

Hi there Murfo....

I am in roi also.... my first day on sky "gigabit", just switched from vodafone 500mbs FTTH. 

I could suggest other words to replace the "fiber" F in FTTH. 

Thanks to the community here, I was aware of the 3rd party router lunacy - PPPoE unless ya need VoIP, yada yada....

We need some actual customer protection legislation, and agencies that protect us not "competition" that ends up with exactly the same openeir products being sold at exactly the same price with exactly the same rubbish customer service by "ISPs" that have zero knowledge of or interest in their "products" and regard us paying customers as parasitic.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion