Discussion topic: Radio stations disappeared !

This message was authored by EamonF This message was authored by: EamonF

Radio stations disappeared !

Just recently all the UK radio stations have disapppeared off the Irish Sky Menu.   No notifications of any kind recieved,  anyone know why this has happened ?.  Very poor service to be honest.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7 Answer

Re: Radio stations disappeared !

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@EamonF wrote:

Just recently all the UK radio stations have disapppeared off the Irish Sky Menu.   No notifications of any kind recieved,  anyone know why this has happened ?.  Very poor service to be honest.

Hi @EamonF  The reason the channels have been removed is because the channels have decided to close in ROI, as they won’t be licenced for the territory post-Brexit in January 2021.

See the thread Here 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Others have reported here. 

It seems that the Ireland service has had these removed :

https://community.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Changes-to-the-Sky-TV-guide-December-2020/td-p/3530287

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7 Answer

@EamonF wrote:

Hi @EamonF  The reason the channels have been removed is because the channels have decided to close in ROI, as they won’t be licenced for the territory post-Brexit in January 2021.

See the thread Here 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@EamonF 

The changes took efect on Monday 14th: it's not 'all the UK radio stations', but the ones who, for whatever reason, have not secured a separate licence as a broadcaster in Eire, and will no longer covered by reciprocity agreements after January 1st.

" ....many channels on Sky’s UK service will need to hold two licences to continue to legally broadcast in both the UK and Ireland. In a no-deal scenario those partners that do not get licences to broadcast in Europe will be unable to be legally aired in Ireland by Sky UK...."

The channels are actually still available (as the satellite footprint has not changed) but cannot legally be listed in the Sky EPG.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by frankdolan This message was authored by: frankdolan

If the radio stations  have disappeared and are still available then how do I access them in Ireland?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@frankdolan wrote:

If the radio stations  have disappeared and are still available then how do I access them in Ireland?

I believe the details you need were posted in this thread: https://community.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Changes-to-the-Sky-TV-guide-December-2020/td-p/3530287

This message was authored by Barry+Vance This message was authored by: Barry+Vance

@EamonF. I understand the issue with Sky radio stations in Ireland. But the same has happened in Northern Ireland, part of the UK. Just another example of large corporations not knowing the difference between the two countries. I emailed Sky about it and was acknowledged. Am told to expect an answer within 48 hours

This message was authored by Barry+Vance This message was authored by: Barry+Vance

Stations can still be accessed on mobile phone.  Same has happened in Northern Ireland where I am! 

Glad to see that Sky have seen the errors of their ways and all the radio stations are back on Northern Ireland service

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@Barry+Vance  what radio stations have disappeared in northern Ireland?

Have you more than six? 

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

@nolte   Ha. I'm assuming that was a joke. Not a bad one at that. There are a few. Glad to say that all Sky radio stations now back on. I emailed Sky yesterday so I'm claiming credit for that. Now currently listening to Iggy Pop program on BBC6 Music. 

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Barry+Vance Sky have no say on whether the BBC choose to remove or retain their radio stations on the Sky platform, so its hard to see how you have come to the conclussion Sky have seen the error of their ways or how you can claim credit for there return.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------

Indeed Dave. I stand corrected. Glad to get the stations back in Northern Ireland. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion