Discussion topic: Product Recall ?

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Product Recall ?

Do you think it's time sky did a product recall on sky glass until the issues are resolved or at least provide a discount in subscriptions ?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Re: Product Recall ?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Why a recall, all purchases are still under the initial returns period. Not happy excercise that right. 

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech
This message was authored by Satele This message was authored by: Satele

No. Plenty of people, myself included, are having no significant issues with Glass and enjoying the product as intended.

A recall would apply if there was faults across every set released, which there are not.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you think it's time sky did a product recall on sky glass until the issues are resolved or at least provide a discount in subscriptions ?

They didn't do it with Q, no reason for them to do it with Glass, product recalls are generally done for saftey reasons, so unless someones TV's blows up etc then I can't see Sky doing it.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Topic Author

Yes you are all correct. I was being over the top with product recall - that's really for safety. I do think sky could at least make a gesture of good will though. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Anonymous wrote:

I do think sky could at least make a gesture of good will though. 

That would be something you would need to discuss with Sky on an individual basis.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes you are all correct. I was being over the top with product recall - that's really for safety. I do think sky could at least make a gesture of good will though. 

Normally considered if the customer has complete loss of TV services.

Have your issues led to this ?

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
Topic Author

Nope. I think the system is very buggy, although I remain positive that they will be sorted.

I can't believe that many customers would expect it to be as buggy as it is. 

The finishing quality is poor too, mine had a screw half way unscrewed on the corner of the frame. 

To produce a tv that can't handle HDR UHD on their own system is poor. The tv certainly isn't the spec that I thought it would be, due to the lack of technical information about the NITS etc that was available prior to purchase 

I also think that we have been victims of mis- selling around the playlist, at no point before purchase sky tell me that certain programmes couldn't be added to the playlist. Did they inform you ? Are you happy with this ?

I am not asking for the world, but an apology and a small gesture like a £50 sky store voucher, and communication as to when the bugs would be ironed out, would go a long way 

This message was authored by silver+stream This message was authored by: silver+stream

in my case no its pretty much worked  as intened I bought into it as a streaming service over sky Q as that's how we tend to watch in our house ...

as far as issues go the T V has just worked, the puck however takes longer to start up than it should if you have the setting on yo turn on the tv over hdmi, I hope  sky will fix this in an update, that said I have only had to reboot it once were as with SkyQ one or orher of the boxes needed rebooting more frequently 

Sky Glass 55” White
2x Pucks.
Sky FTTC 80MB
Topic Author

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope. I think the system is very buggy, although I remain positive that they will be sorted.

I can't believe that many customers would expect it to be as buggy as it is. 

The finishing quality is poor too, mine had a screw half way unscrewed on the corner of the frame. 

To produce a tv that can't handle HDR UHD on their own system is poor. The tv certainly isn't the spec that I thought it would be, due to the lack of technical information about the NITS etc that was available prior to purchase 

I also think that we have been victims of mis- selling around the playlist, at no point before purchase sky tell me that certain programmes couldn't be added to the playlist. Did they inform you ? Are you happy with this ?

I am not asking for the world, but an apology and a small gesture like a £50 sky store voucher, and communication as to when the bugs would be ironed out, would go a long way 

So phone them up and ask for your £50 store voucher, there's no way they're just going to hand them out to every single Glass customer off their own bat.

This message was authored by Aaln This message was authored by: Aaln

I think existing customers were given the benefit of upgrading as soon as it was released.

This is a completely new service for Sky and  that should have given you an idea of how complete the product was.   They literally stated they're going to be regularly updating Glass in the product launch event.

They picked their most loyal subscribers to offer it to as they have experienced more of Sky than anyone else.  

I have the original 2tb Silver Q box which doesn't support HDR, so this will be an upgrade in viewing certain content.    We are used to Netflix and subscribed via sky as soon as it bundled it with Ultimate OnDemand.

Over the last few months we have as a household spent less and less time recording programmes and more on streaming.    This would suit us to a tee because we don't really watch ITV or BBC and those are a few areas that most have problems with.    Channel 4 needs to have a boot up its backside to resolve their missing episodes problem, as does Sky for their own Demand services where you want to catch a series but only a few episodes are there, sometimes just mid season and nothing else.

This message was authored by EDGARTHEFIRST This message was authored by: EDGARTHEFIRST

I did say if Sky was car it have recalled,

But as many have pointed out its not a safety issue. Now if it was a Plane !!

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

I would hope that sky are checking returned models for batch identifiers and checking for any trends in faults and then contacting customers with the same batch codes to offer a replacement if the customer wishes to take the offer of one, but maybe it's unnecessary. 

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion