Discussion topic: Paying late

This message was authored by Sw199507 This message was authored by: Sw199507

Paying late

Hello I've just started a new job so wasn't able to pay this month's bill as got to work 2 weeks in advance but I'm paying it at the end of the month and currently have no credit to phone sky will my tv and broadband be cut off as I will be paying it a month late 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Paying late

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sw199507 If you have a continuous payment method setup (direct debit or card) and first attempt fails Sky will automatically retry 10 calendar days later (so don't make a manual payment unless Sky requests you too) if that second attempt fails an automatic process of restrictions will kick in (which we've been told can't be overriden by sky cs agents) starting with tv followed a few days later by broadband if sky is your isp

if restrictions are imposed they won't be lifted until the outstanding payment is paid in full and a new continuous payment method is setup

Note: if you don’t have a continuous payment setup the 10 day grace period does not apply and therefore unless full payment due is showing as credit on your account by payment due date restrictions will be applied almost instantly

also note sky do payment plans or promises to pay on active accounts I’m afraid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@Sw199507 

That last sentence should read Sky do not do payment plans or promises to pay 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@Sw199507 

That last sentence should read Sky do not do payment plans or promises to pay 

@Daniel0210 Doh 🙄 good spot I'll update my macro now thanks for the heads up 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion