Discussion topic: No broadband

This message was authored by cherylj4kc1 This message was authored by: cherylj4kc1

No broadband

Currently have no broadband services. The online help is sending me in a loop. It says there is an outage, but no other details. Does anyone know when it will be back up? I am paying for a service I am not getting and we are having to use mobile data, which is fast depleting. Sheffield S2.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: No broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@cherylj4kc1  If the checks report an outage then unfortunatley fellow customers will have no idea when your services will be back. 

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@cherylj4kc1 Sky sometimes update their Twitter feed as well
https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyHelpTeam? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@cherylj4kc1 

Your paying for a domestic broadband service which doesnt have a guaranteed 100% uptime so you cant pull the 'I'm paying for a service I am not getting' card as soon as it has any kind of fault.

Normal repairs for Openreach can take up to 5 working days. After two full working days of no broadband you will be entitled to £8.06 per day of compensation until the issue is fixed as per Sky's Auto compensation scheme. Do note though that this compensation will only be paid if Sky are notified of the fault to your service so i would suggest calling Sky to report it. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
cherylj4kc1
Topic Author
This message was authored by cherylj4kc1 This message was authored by: cherylj4kc1

I'm not pulling any card and I've tried to get in touch. There has been an automated message since yesterday  afternoon. I've contacted them through Twitter also and just been sent back to the self help. I was simply wondering if anyone was any the wiser. As I've exhausted every help point. So I've tried on here. Thanks though. It's just frustrating when I don't have an answer. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@cherylj4kc1 
Apparently the lines are sometimes quieter just after 7am or mid evening so may be worth trying then (now). Stay on the line and don’t hang up if prompted to.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion