Discussion topic: New router question

This message was authored by Lmr1342 This message was authored by: Lmr1342

New router question

Hi guys and gals , I recently upgraded to sky ultrafast plus which is due to go live next week ( currently on ultra fast) , I can't fault sky's internet to be honest it's been pritty consistent , now I have the latest sky Q WiFi router, with upgrading to the new speed would I benefit from buying a 3rd party WiFi router? I'm aware it needs to have certain things to be compatible with sky ect I'm also aware about support if I encounter an issue , I'm just wondering what the benefits are from using a 3rd party WiFi hub

Just a sky customer trying to help other members!

If I've helped please give me a like ! 🙂

Kind regards Lee

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Re: New router question

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lmr1342 

Third party equipment is almost always better than the standard kit from most ISP's. Depending on what you choose to replace the Sky Hub will depend on what you get. Anything from having a mesh system in place, QoS (in order to prioritise traffic/devices), better wifi signal to MAC address filtering.

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion