Discussion topic: My neighbor has my wireless name and password details,

This message was authored by Gogseboy1 This message was authored by: Gogseboy1

My neighbor has my wireless name and password details,

My neighbor has my wireless name and password details, she tricked me into giving her access to my internet  saying her boadband was down and sky was'nt coming till the next day sometime, she needed to get intouch with her Daughter urgently on facebook because she had found her bank card on the couch where she had been sitting ,and to let her know she has found it. this was however a lie as i found out months later she does'nt even have a sky dish and has been using mine for about a year now. i'm 60 years old and disabled, housebound and not great with computer technical stuff, iv'e tried to get sky to phone me and help me change router password and name details so she can't connect to mine anymore, when i left a message  they emailed me with a phone number for help line,  so again called to say i really need  to talk someone,  then eventually got a message that someone  would call the next day. but i never got a call and i'm not well with trying to fix it myself, iv'e ended up buying a new sky router identical to mine thinking this would  be easier for me to do, i have asked for help with the few friends i have but they don't know  either how to change it. so can someone help me stop this woman and her visitors connecting to my internet,   these are the mac  addresses  that  are Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter - 9e:30:5b:18:75:e3/ Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter -  #2de:30:5b:18:75:e3/ Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) - 9c:30:5b:18:75:e4

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: My neighbor has my wireless name and password details,

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gogseboy1Here is some informmation on how to change your Wi-Fi password for your router, if you are unable to go through the steps get back to us and try find some other way to help you.

https://www.sky.com/help/home/broadband/connecting-to-my-broadband/my-wi-fi-password/articles/find-a... 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Gogseboy1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gogseboy1 This message was authored by: Gogseboy1

Thanks Highlander for your  help,  sorry for the long delay in getting back to you but i have'nt been well recently and ended up in hospital. i eventualy managed to get someone to set up my new router and thought that would be solve my problem but part fixed but i'm baffeled to still see my Previous Router Wireless Name connected still to the ethernet aswell as my new routers wireless name    but this only is for my wi-fi settings, so i'm not understanding how this is still giving me grief. 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gogseboy1  On the back of the router is it the same as what you see when you login on the router?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion