Discussion topic: Multi room q box showing error MR104

This message was authored by Nurse+Jayne+G This message was authored by: Nurse+Jayne+G

Multi room q box showing error MR104

My multi room a box is saying not connected to main a box. I have re started both boxes several times.  It is showing error MR104   My main q box is working 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

Re: Multi room q box showing error MR104

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nurse+Jayne+G

It sounds like your mini box might be a bit too far from the main box to get a reliable signal from it.

But on the mini, try going to Settings / Setup / Network / Reset, and at step 2 of 4 on screen, press the WPS button on the front of the main box. This will re-establish the connection to the main box and the mini box should work. 

This message was authored by jeffmills16 This message was authored by: jeffmills16

Thanks @Rhonny   this worked for me. Only thing that did. Brilliant 

This message was authored by Bikerchick This message was authored by: Bikerchick

Hi

this has been happening to my TV in my bedroom for the last week and i go into settings and reactivate every night and it works but last night 4 times i tried and it kept coming up with this error and i cant get my TV to work upstairs at all now - any Advise ?

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bikerchick wrote:

Hi

this has been happening to my TV in my bedroom for the last week and i go into settings and reactivate every night and it works but last night 4 times i tried and it kept coming up with this error and i cant get my TV to work upstairs at all now - any Advise ?

Hi @Bikerchick  Reboot your router by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnect to reboot, then reboot your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on to reboot, then do the same with the Mini box?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by Bikerchick This message was authored by: Bikerchick

Thank you i will try that when i get hom from work 

This message was authored by Amarjit+Khangura This message was authored by: Amarjit+Khangura

Omg all day I've been trying to connect my mini box to the main q box, finally I disconnected all main q box, mini box and broadband router from the mains, then switched it back on after 5 minutes!! To my surprise it's all working don't know how long ! But it's up and running 😂

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion