Discussion topic: Live Chat

This message was authored by lebowski33 This message was authored by: lebowski33

Live Chat

Where did you find the live chat option? I've been on the phone all day with Sky trying to get a new deal and not getting anywhere. The last advisor I spoke to said to try the live chat as they sometimes have better deals. I can't find a live chat option anywhere on the website or in the app. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Live Chat

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You could try using the messaging service, it isn't a live chat so is a bit slower but I have seen other posters who were doing the same as you say that had success in using this:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv

So select "Yes I still need help" at the bottom of the page as the options will load after about 5 seconds.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Olusanu This message was authored by: Olusanu

Please how did you even get to speak with an agent? I have been trying like forever and it has always been a robot that speaks with me. I just joined Sky and I am already regretting I subscribed. 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Olusanu  This is primarily a customer helps customer forum only with no account access, but what issue are you having as we may be able to help or point you in right direction alternatively you will need to preserve in navigating the automatic phone system 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

It's related to my bill. I am beign over charged. The Broadband service I subscribed for was activated 30th of March, yet they are charging from 27th of March. And looking at my next bill is quite outrageous as the broadband service I subscribed for is just £27

It's difficult to reach my provider, they will rather ask me to ask the community for clarification than given me access to their agents. This sub is a mistake...

@Olusanu  If you are a new customer then you may not be being overcharged as first couple of bills will be higher as this link explains 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/understanding-my-bills

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

Thanks for your assistance, but believe me before I came here I have reviewed all. I understand my first bill, this covers the one-off and the broadband cost. But my concern is the next bill which goes for £49 instead of £30. And it claimed I added another service which I never did. I only need the internet and I only subscribed for Broadband. And since you can't reach them this will wil be taken when I never added any service.

See attached screen please.

Olusanu_0-1649861798868.png

@Olusanu  From the image you posted it would appear that either this is your first bill or you changed package has you are being billed for two periods 

the first 16th may - 15th jun £30 this is your normal monthly in advance payment 

and then the second one is for the period 27th April-15th may £19 this is for the period in arrears from when either a) your service went live or b) you changed your package 

your 16th jun - 15th jul bill should be correct at £30

you are not being overcharged as it's for one of the reasons I've given 

sky can't change billing without your permission so it has to be for one of those reasons 

This message was authored by Steve+the+Scout This message was authored by: Steve+the+Scout

Can anyone advise please.

We have recently changed from Sky to BT Broadband, I was told I'd need to send my router back, a returns box duly arrived but inside it said send back your Sky Q box and booster.

1. I've not cancelled Sky Q, 2 I didn't receive a booster. In any case I sent back the router with a note inside.

I've now had a text message to say send back my equipment or face charges. I've sent back what i need to send back but have no way of contacting anyone to confirm this. Help please.

Steve

@Steve+the+Scout  Sky do issue sky q branded routers that are not sky q tv boxes 

so if the router is a q branded one it'll need returning 

if you post the model number someone will be able to confirm if it needs returning 

the letters are generic and will list items that you yourself may not have just returned want you do have 

This message was authored by Steve+the+Scout This message was authored by: Steve+the+Scout

Ive returned the router, I dont recall them sending a booster with it

I'd just like to speak to a person and ask what they actually want from me.

@Steve+the+Scout  I do apologise i misread your first post 

Do you have proof of postage? so that they can check and remove the notification of non return I’ve escalated your post to sky community chat who hopefully will be in contact and send you a private community message/email so I would recommend that if not already on, you turn email/private message notifications on to avoid missing any alerts

So look out for a chat bubble across the bottom of the screen when logged onto the forum

This link explains how this works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Be reassured the email & message is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.

Once you receive an invite you’ll have 48 hours to initiate a chat before it automatically times out, also ensure you login to the forum periodically for 48 hours after receiving the invite and check the chat bubble for any responses from sky and make sure you respond to each message from sky within 48 hours of each message, or the chat will time out again

NB 1 If your post has been escalated for a non return fee issue please note proof of postage is required without it refunds are at sky’s discretion

NB 2 If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the chat bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Chrome

@SKY1992bf, you can't be sure. I have spoken with them and I am telling you that they are the one making those unreasonable adjustments by themselves. I never change anything in the direct debit. They  set the direct debit date and I never made any adjustment.

To be frank they are making this adjustments just to take so much within  a short time.

First, the broadband was active 30th of march. The bill was dated from 27th of March - 26th of April that is wrong. 

First Payment was taken today 13th of April. This was meant to continue as a recurrent but then they changed it themselve as I never touch the direct debit settings.

And even the customer service doesn't know why it just changed she just said that is how it is the first two month will be highier. But this is just to get more within few period of subscription.

Going by the date the broadband became active, it should have been 30th of March to 

but then...what can I do, you're trap you can't cancel.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Olusanu wrote:

@SKY1992bf, you can't be sure. I have spoken with them and I am telling you that they are the one making those unreasonable adjustments by themselves. I never change anything in the direct debit. They  set the direct debit date and I never made any adjustment.

I imagine the payment date was set in accordance with the terms and conditions you agreed to. The reason for the higher amount of your bill is as explained by @SKY1992bf : essentially it covers more than a month.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion