Discussion topic: Lately Netflix prime and Disney app after a wile they just shut down skyQ Been happening a lot

This message was authored by Tuga53 This message was authored by: Tuga53

Lately Netflix prime and Disney app after a wile they just shut down skyQ Been happening a lot

Lately while playing the apps they just shut down the box. Turn the n back on open app again , sometimes more then once while watching a movie....  happens with Netflix, Prime and Disney. Normally it's few seconds/minutes after starting the app, but then will happen again and again while watching..... has anyone else had/has this???? Any ideas on how to fix....???? Could it be the skyQ itself??

thanks for your time

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Lately Netflix prime and Disney app after a wile they just shut down skyQ Been happening a lot

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tuga53 wrote:

Lately while playing the apps they just shut down the box. Turn the n back on open app again , sometimes more then once while watching a movie....  happens with Netflix, Prime and Disney. Normally it's few seconds/minutes after starting the app, but then will happen again and again while watching..... has anyone else had/has this???? Any ideas on how to fix....???? Could it be the skyQ itself??

thanks for your time

Hi @Tuga53 

Try a Reset Settings in the hidden menu and see if that helps
To enter hidden menu press Home and navigate down to Settings but do not select Settings.
With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select.
Only Carry out the first Reset (Reset Settings) as the other two will wipe all recordings.
After the Reset you will have to re pair your Bluetooth remote If you use one.
Press 1 & 3 together on the remote and follow onscreen instructions to re pair.

Make sure that you are pointing the remote at the Q box when you press 1 & 3 together.

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

Re: Lately Netflix prime and Disney app after a wile they just shut down skyQ Been happening a lot

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tuga53I had something similar yesterday I usually use the TV apps but used Sky Netflix app.

Everything looked OK but when I selected something to play it came up with a message that it could not play they film and either try later or watch something else.

All videos showed the same I then came out of the app and everything showed "technical fault" both live and recorded programmes.

I did the power off/on reset and the Q Box was fine, I don't think I will use the Q apps again.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion