Discussion topic: Issues losing signal in Bedroom

This message was authored by SteB1963 This message was authored by: SteB1963

Issues losing signal in Bedroom

Issues losing signal in Bedroom furthest from router, unable to move router but wondered is there an WIFI extender suitable to use with my SKY router.  Or is there a Sky way to sort?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Re: Issues losing signal in Bedroom

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SteB1963 

Do you subscribe to broadband boost? Under that scheme you may be entitled to a booster to help the Wi-Fi signal around the house. 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@SteB1963 

Sky do the broadband boost add on at £5 pm extra which includes the option of requesting the sky booster box.

Alternatively if your house is on the same electric circuit wifi/ethernet powerline adapters will get ethernet or wifi to the tv set

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
SteB1963
Topic Author
This message was authored by SteB1963 This message was authored by: SteB1963

OK thanks for the info, to be honest I ahve just seen a TP LINk extender for £29 in Curys and wonder if that sorts as opposed to £5 monthly?  But will check my package 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@SteB1963 

Usually 3rd party extenders, especially those that are as cheap as £29 wont work very well or at all but its worth a go if you wish

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@SteB1963 

We advice against just wifi extenders as the can create a whole load of hassle. Ideally ethernet the tv with powerlines and use their wifi element for other devices you may want to use.

It also depends on the speeds you are getting at the router. Up 80Mbps and a passthrough tp link ac600 to 1000 should get 90-95% of the speed to the tv. For higher fttp speeds a good devolo should do the trick. The devolo can come with a >£100 price tag

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion