Discussion topic: Issues I'm having - anyone else?

This message was authored by dansk1978 This message was authored by: dansk1978

Issues I'm having - anyone else?

Hi

Anyone else having these particular issues with Sky Glass?

1. Bass boost does nothing - tried a variety of channels, Netflix, YouTube etc. and there is no change in sound at all. I don't even know if I have a hardware issue or it's meant to be like that? Bass is generally poor.

2. Turn off the TV, red light disappears after a few minutes or a few hours and then can't get it to turn on with voice but only with remote (although this also takes a minute or more for the light to turn back on). Has it lost connection or something?

3. YouTube just cuts out entirely sometimes (or hangs when fast forwarding and then nothing works) - TV seems to restart?

4. Attached with network cable - becomes disconnected after a period of time and then have to restart to get it back working. Wifi doesn't drop out at all.

I'm on the latest software update - I believe - and have turned off night mode and things like that so should be using the optimal settings. Wifi connection is via SKY and consistently good.

Thanks

Matthew

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Re: Issues I'm having - anyone else?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@dansk1978 

Many are reporting bass boost issues, some say a replacement tv has resolved others say it hasn't. Maybe speaking to sky would help with this. Whether it's software or hardware the jury is still out. 

the standby light issues are software related and should be resolved soon in an update. 

the latest software version is QS001.15.0P but another due soon

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech
This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

YouTube and some other apps like Netflix have been crashing the theory is that it's a memory leak in the apps and need an update. So hopefully will be fixed in an update. 

if you speak to sky let them know all these issues and they should be able to help you work through them. 

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Plenty of Apple tech
dansk1978
Topic Author
This message was authored by dansk1978 This message was authored by: dansk1978

Thanks, I'll install the latest update (when available) and see what that fixes and then get onto Sky.

@dansk1978 @Ok, sounds like a plan. 

Plenty of Apple tech

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion