Discussion topic: How can we get the E4 app

This message was authored by DonTalluah This message was authored by: DonTalluah

How can we get the E4 app

You can get catch up TV but not the app to get box sets. It's a standard tv channel so I am confused why it's not available.  My5 is not there either?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

Re: How can we get the E4 app

E4 doesn't have an app. All content from Channel 4's spin-off channels comes via the All4 app which is not available on Sky Q but is usually on most modern smart TVs. 

Many E4 shows are often available via catch up or on demand on Sky Q if you search for them, they just might not be labelled as box sets.

This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DonTalluah

Commercial channels have ad-funded apps, with unskippable ads. They want to retain that model to maximise their revenues, and so if you want ITV Hub, All4 or My5, you need to use their apps via phone, tablet, laptop or smart TV.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DonTalluah 

As @Rhonny and @fizzdisco indicate, channels and other content providers can choose the platforms on which their apps are available: it's not within the remit of Sky just to add them.  There's also the associated issue of negotiating a revenue split to cover the extra support cost to Sky once an app is available on their hardware.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion