Discussion topic: HDR Box Blues

This message was authored by Franksie This message was authored by: Franksie

HDR Box Blues

Having recently purchased a Samsung 8k tv, i contacted sky to upgrade my sky q box. Absolute nightmare. Paid my £50 to upgrade, Sky have sent me two boxes to date both wrong! It appears they do not have a clue which one to send. I have looked on THEIR site and if i am correct I need a 32b1xx Still waiting for them to sort this. Anyone else having issues?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: HDR Box Blues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Franksie 

There are a number of threads on the forum regarding non HDR boxes being sent out in error.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@Franksie wrote:

Having recently purchased a Samsung 8k tv, i contacted sky to upgrade my sky q box. Absolute nightmare. Paid my £50 to upgrade, Sky have sent me two boxes to date both wrong! It appears they do not have a clue which one to send. I have looked on THEIR site and if i am correct I need a 32b1xx Still waiting for them to sort this. Anyone else having issues?

Sky's hardware stock control is out of control and has been for years. They're clueless. 

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Franksie wrote:

hi @Franksie 

Sorry to read that you have been experiencing these problems.

Unfortunately SKY's systems don't seem to easily differentiate between HDR & non HDR boxes which can lead to incorrect boxes being sent

Although it doesn't  help you, SKY are aware of the issues & I believe are progressing some changes to prevent this happening in future

You may already know, but if receiving a box from a courier then if you check the underneath the   UHD non HDR 2TB box is,  I believe, model ES140 (& the 1TB non UHD ES130) so you can check & refuse to accept if it is  one of these

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion