Discussion topic: Getting a Sky Q Box

This message was authored by Seekadeal This message was authored by: Seekadeal

Getting a Sky Q Box

Hi 

I've been with Sky for almost over 20 years and have a old sky box. Why havent I been given the option to get a sky q for free or do you have to kay for this. 

.thanks 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Getting a Sky Q Box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Seekadeal 

As you're an existing Sky customer I'd be very surprised if you haven't previously received mail or email advertising Sky Q and more recently Sky Glass. Give Sky a call and see what deal you negotiate.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @Seekadeal   Just be aware that the "free" loan of a Sky Q box will be an old original 1TB box with no UHD and only record 3 programmes at once. It really is worth paying the admin fee for a descent box with UHD and record 6 programmes at once. Once changed you cannot go back. Sky Q is completely different.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Seekadeal wrote:

Why havent I been given the option to get a sky q for free

There have been various 'VIP Upgrade' schemes: how 'free they are is debatable (for example a Q Mini is typically bundled whether wanted or not, and that has an additional monthly cost).  Sky will certainly want you to migrate to Q so you're in a good position to negotiate, unless you're in the situation where you don't have your own dish and the communal system isn't yet converted for Sky Q.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion