Discussion topic: Forces TV 181 has disappeared

This message was authored by lucy1885 This message was authored by: lucy1885

Forces TV 181 has disappeared

All of sudden Forces TV 181 has disappeared.  I was only watching it a couple of days' ago.   Also why can't I do catch up on BBC channels.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Forces TV 181 has disappeared

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Are you in the ROI? Forces TV is still broadcasting in the UK. The likelihood is that Forces TV have not obtained the necessary license to broadcast in the ROI, following the UK's leaving the EU.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Are you in the ROI? Forces TV is still broadcasting in the UK. The likelihood is that Forces TV have not obtained the necessary license to broadcast in the ROI, following the UK's leaving the EU.

This message was authored by Brennan+d This message was authored by: Brennan+d

My forces tv has disappeared I was only watching the other day too the channels they said they move there unavailable. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Brennan+d wrote:

My forces tv has disappeared I was only watching the other day too the channels they said they move there unavailable. 

Did you see the post immediately before yours?

Yes I just saw it thanks but to be honest its stupid I don't really care about what Brexit. I just care about the channel I say I will loose a lot more.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@Brennan+d

This thread includes details needed for adding the channel manually to your Sky box

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Forces-Tv-gone/m-p/3595086#M114227

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by Billy+h+22 This message was authored by: Billy+h+22

Forces tv and many other channels have disappeared of the sky epg in Ireland. Sky using brexit as an excuse relating to licencing issues and its not there fault they say.but really its sky thats controlling this. All these channels are available free to air on a regular satellite box throughout Ireland and Europe.

@Billy+h+22 wrote:

Forces tv and many other channels have disappeared of the sky epg in Ireland. Sky using brexit as an excuse relating to licencing issues and its not there fault they say.but really its sky thats controlling this. All these channels are available free to air on a regular satellite box throughout Ireland and Europe.

Conspiracy theories sound appealing, but you're wrong. It's the channels' decision to remove themselves from the EPG. How on earth would Sky gain by arbitrarily removing them?

This message was authored by Billy+h+22 This message was authored by: Billy+h+22

Anyone with a sky sub in Ireland loose these channels  but if they are not paying a sub and have a free ti air box or a TV with an integrated sat receiver all these channels on these devices are not affected so these channels are transmitting licence or no licence  so in it is sky that blocks these channels on their boxs and the channels have to plug on the sky boxs in Ireland because of sky 

@Billy+h+22 wrote:

Anyone with a sky sub in Ireland loose these channels  but if they are not paying a sub and have a free ti air box or a TV with an integrated sat receiver all these channels on these devices are not affected so these channels are transmitting licence or no licence  so in it is sky that blocks these channels on their boxs and the channels have to plug on the sky boxs in Ireland because of sky 

Nope. They're not blocked, and your Sky box can still receive them. They just can't be included in the Sky TV Guide.

Yes I know . Sky are a provider for Ireland  and  they have no choice but to take these channels off the epg because of these new laws but its not looking good I fear there will be more casualties to come. I can see the likes of the cbs horror channels will follow soon . Sky will loose customers because of this even though they are not their channels. 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Billy+h+22 wrote:

Total rubbish, go to other channels in the sky settings and tune to the missing channels, you'll find they can still be accessed 🙄

Yes they can be accessed but the convenience of recording is gone. To access these channels  you have to keep going into services and pressing a load more buttons before you actually get to watch any channels. A load of balls to be honest. That's why people are cancelling their sky subs and going free to air. 

lucy1885
Topic Author
This message was authored by lucy1885 This message was authored by: lucy1885

You can get it on other channels.   Just key in the code etc. and it is fine.  Only problem is that you can't record it.

Hi do you no the code

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion