Discussion topic: Dune

This message was authored by DipDipDipam This message was authored by: DipDipDipam

Dune

Just an observation, I'm sure there are reasons behind it but it's a shame that Dune is just in UHD and not HDR.

Saw it in the cinema, will watch it again and decide if I should buy it on 4k blu ray.

---------------------------------------------------------
Sky q 2tb HDR, ultrafast 150mb, 4 mini boxes, Asus Zenwifi xt8 mesh WiFi x 2
Full sky package except kids & bt sport
Samsung 65" QLED TV with 6500k CRI 98 bias lighting and blackout blinds, Denon X3600h AVR, Dali Oberon 7 floor standing speakers, vokal centre speaker, Oberon on the wall rear speakers, c1 Atmos speakers, e12f subwoofer, Panasonic DPUB820 4k blu ray player, Chromecast with Google TV, Atacama Evo hifi rack and about £1000 worth of cables to go with it all

Best Answers
This message was authored by Plektrum This message was authored by: Plektrum Answer

Re: Dune

The HDR version now appears to be up.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————
Still in search of a great signature! I’ll get there one day!

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DipDipDipam  I have the 4K Bluray and that is HDR I'm happy to report 🙂

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by trevforum This message was authored by: trevforum

It's still been added to the "Experience HDR on Sky Cinema" rail under Sky Cinema along with Boss Baby 2 which is still only available in HD.  In fact it looks like they have put most of the recent releases here regardless of whether they are available with HDR.

——————————————————-
Sky Stream, Sky Glass, Panasonic DX902, Pioneer LX-901 7.1.4
DipDipDipam
Topic Author
This message was authored by DipDipDipam This message was authored by: DipDipDipam

@GD1 I meant if I enjoyed the film enough to buy it. Knew the 4k blu ray would be in HDR.

Samsung 65" QLED TV with 6500k CRI 98 bias lighting and blackout blinds, Denon X3600h AVR, Dali Oberon 7 floor standing speakers, vokal centre speaker, Oberon on the wall rear speakers, c1 Atmos speakers, e12f subwoofer, Panasonic DPUB820 4k blu ray player, Chromecast with Google TV, Atacama Evo hifi rack and about £1000 worth of cables to go with it all
This message was authored by LGUser This message was authored by: LGUser

I am surprised that Dune is only available in SDR.

I've emailed Viewer Relations about this. I'll post when I get a reply.

This message was authored by Plektrum This message was authored by: Plektrum Answer

The HDR version now appears to be up.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————
Still in search of a great signature! I’ll get there one day!
This message was authored by TM2009 This message was authored by: TM2009

The HDR tag is coming and going now on mine.  Managed  to grab it a couple of hours ago and it seems to have downloaded and works OK.   But when I looked again at the  UI just now all the tiles are back to UHD-only versions.

Clearly there is some kind of issue they can't get to grip with as these kind of errors have been going on for as long as we have had HDR. Makes you wonder though how hard it can be to attach an extra label to an item - especially when the HDR version is actually there and able to be downloaded!

----------------------------------------------
Sky Q 2TB Box + 1 Sky Q Mini Box; LG OLED55B8PLA; Amp: Sony STR-DN1080
DipDipDipam
Topic Author

Thanks. Downloading the HDR version now. Was just about to start watching it when I saw these emails. Cheers again peeps

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

I have looked several times since them mention of the HDR version being available but still not showing for me 

I have a V2 box if that is making a difference

I have to admit I thought it might be at least Saturday before we got the UHD & HDR versions

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@nigea99 not showing as HDR on Glass either. 👎

At a guess the transfer failed QC

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

I just had a look at Dune on Sky Cinema and yes, there is a UHD/HDR version available. I do think the coming and going problem is solved.

@LGUser wrote:

I just had a look at Dune on Sky Cinema and yes, there is a UHD/HDR version available. Problem solved.

Still not showing for me - so maybe issue between the different HDR capable boxes/platforms (as mentioned I have a V2 box & I know you have a V3 box)

@nigea99 wrote:

@LGUser wrote:

I just had a look at Dune on Sky Cinema and yes, there is a UHD/HDR version available. Problem solved.

Still not showing for me - so maybe issue between the different HDR capable boxes/platforms (as mentioned I have a V2 box & I know you have a V3 box)

Do you have your box set to 2160p 10-bit? If you don't, then you won't see the HDR version.

@LGUser wrote:

@nigea99 wrote:

@LGUser wrote:

Do you have your box set to 2160p 10-bit? If you don't, then you won't see the HDR version.

you know what - it had actually dropped back to 1080i - although it was showing UHD versions so I didn't think to check

You'd have thought I would have checked that - thanks

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion