Discussion topic: Download asking for subscription

This message was authored by Mabel17 This message was authored by: Mabel17

Download asking for subscription

We had sky installed yesterday, broadband installed last week which is working perfectly. I have just tried to download and it says i need to upgrade subscription, we have a UHD package with cinema so entiltled to be able to download immediately. Is there something that may have been missed during set up or a work around as we have nothing to upgrade. Thanks

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Download asking for subscription

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @Mabel17 ,

unfortunately a few new customers are finding this. 

I think there is a bug at SKY's end with the initial authorisation process  which means they need to tweak something for you to be able to download - not quite sure what but it something to do with accounts and authorisations and getting these to the cards on the boxes. 

I am afarid you will need to call SKY and get them to look into this and mention it is a known problem - I think a few advisors aren't fully up to speed,.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Mabel17 actually @Mabel17 Sky are aware of the issue @nigea99 mentions and are running a routine to sort it so your downloads may well work later today. If it doesnt give Sky a call and they should sort it for you.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

@Mabel17

Just to note that the UHD pack doesn't give you HD. Are you potentially trying to download HD content without the HD pack? 

Mabel17
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mabel17 This message was authored by: Mabel17

Thanks @Rhonny - I have just doubled check and we do have the HD option, but have changed the setting to SD and still no luck! Will give them a call. Thanks

This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

@Mabel17

Okay, then it is the bug that plagues new users at the moment. Hopefully they can refresh the signal to the viewing card and all will be well. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion