Discussion topic: Constant broadband issues all day with sky q

This message was authored by daveyboy13 This message was authored by: daveyboy13

Constant broadband issues all day with sky q

Does anybody else experience their laptops and iphones constantly losing internet connection with sky broadband with a sky q hub and sky q box. Every day we are having issues and yet when I run checks on my sky it says everything is fine. It is driving us to despair! I have to reset the hub daily to try and get the signal back and then it will work for a day and then we are back to the same old problems. Rant over!!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Constant broadband issues all day with sky q

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@daveyboy13 

Do any lights change on the hub? In what way do they lose connection?

Can you post your router stats

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
daveyboy13
Topic Author
This message was authored by daveyboy13 This message was authored by: daveyboy13

The hub appears okay with all 3 lights Green but we just can't access the internet and have to turn off wifi on phones and go back to 4G. A reset of the router appears to solve the issue for a short period. I am wondering if to try changing the wireless channel in the router?

@daveyboy13 

That certainly can help. There is a guide here on different steps you can take to improve performance.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
daveyboy13
Topic Author

Thanks mate, I am going to move the hub out of my hall cupboard and the sky q box from behind my tv and try that? Cheers

@daveyboy13 wrote:

Thanks mate, I am going to move the hub out of my hall cupboard and the sky q box from behind my tv and try that? Cheers

I'd certainly recommend that. The metal backplate of TVs is a perfect WiFi blocker and the hub being in a cupboard will dampen WiFi performance before it even starts its journey to your device 😊

I am NOT a Sky Employee
This message was authored by Rusty92 This message was authored by: Rusty92

I've been with sky for nearly 2 years and I'm none stop reporting back to them for Internet problems, ive got the top band for Internet that they offer and I can barely play a game online without lag and glitches. When I ring up all they do is test the area to see if there's any issues, tell me to reboot the router and if that doesn't work they tell me either they can't find the issue or they will contact open reach. Sky is hands down the worst Internet provider I've been with and they don't care in the slightest about the issues. But when I refuse to pay my bill for not receiving what I pay for all of a sudden I'm the bad person. My tip for anyone that enjoys gaming, never ever join sky. Their Internet does not match the figures their tests show in the slightest. 

Hi @Rusty92 

If you'd like some help with your issue please start a new thread and post your router stats

I am NOT a Sky Employee

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion