Discussion topic: Broadband keeps dropping

This message was authored by SharonMar This message was authored by: SharonMar

Broadband keeps dropping

Since November my broadband keeps dropping and the middle light on my hub keeps turning orange. I have to turn it on and off to solve this.  After running all tests there is no problem.  Sky have advised me twice now that it could be the lamp sitting next to the router.  The router has been there for almost a year before anything happened. Tonight it has been so bad I've had to turn it off about 5 times so far and it's not solved it so fed up and Sky won't do anything about it 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Broadband keeps dropping

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SharonMar 

Can you post your router stats as shown below

https://community.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

Also run tests on your my sky app and post the details in more about your connection

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
SharonMar
Topic Author

1F745EC8-F082-47F5-A53B-138070CF7159.png

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@SharonMar 

You are on sky essentials adsl which has a maximum possible speed of 24Mbps. However the very recent line drop (external fault) is evident .

How many times a day does it happen. 

Without any speed drops sky classify line drops of 10 or more a day as requiring investigation

Also can you enter your full postal address below and post the full table to see if fibre is available yet

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

SharonMar
Topic Author

@cookiemonsteruk 

Thank you for helping.  I've upgraded and it goes live on Monday. It's very irregular it can happen a few days then nothing for a few weeks 

@SharonMar wrote:

@cookiemonsteruk 

Thank you for helping.  I've upgraded and it goes live on Monday. It's very irregular it can happen a few days then nothing for a few weeks 

@SharonMar 

Upgrading to superfast or ultrafast? For the latter it will do away with any issues on the copper line. For superfast depending on what speeds the bt checker gives you will be eliminating as much as a kilometer of copper wiring. So i hope that that sorts the issue out. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion