Discussion topic: Brand new Sky Q box not able to download

This message was authored by Jo31uk This message was authored by: Jo31uk

Brand new Sky Q box not able to download

Brand new Sky Q box fitted. Not able to download. BT Internet. Any ideas as paying for for service I can't use.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

Re: Brand new Sky Q box not able to download

• If you haven't got the HD pack set your download to SD.
Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Not a lot to go on there.  Is this a new main box fitted by Sky, or a self-install replacement?  Has it ever worked for on-demand content. What actually happens when you try?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

wrote:

Brand new Sky Q box fitted. Not able to download. BT Internet. Any ideas as paying for for service I can't use.

What happens when you try to download anything and can you use Netfix (if you have it)

Jo31uk
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jo31uk This message was authored by: Jo31uk

Yes it all works. Just downloads. Engineer mentioned it's happening with loads of customers who haven't got Sky Internet. If that's the case I'm fuming 😤 

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

It will be nothing to do with the broadband provider, I am on BT and it works fine.

What message do you get when you try and as suggested have you got the HD or HD/UHD pack.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion