Discussion topic: rerurning sky stream box

This message was authored by madnessman79 This message was authored by: madnessman79

rerurning sky stream box

i decided not to use sky stream,so i cancelled my order and 

sky told me to refuse delivery of the stream box,dpd told me that i couldn't refuse delivery,if i did they would re attempt delivery twice,then they would  deliver my parcel to a shop,i spoke with pete at customer services who sent me a link to royal mail,i took my parcel to my local post office and it was sent on friday the 14th and i have just checked royal mail tracking and it says parcel retention because they have been instructed not to deliver it untill the next working day,which will be monday 17th of june,is this a scam by sky to keep the £39 .95 i had to pay for the box?i was also told when i cancelled my sky stream subscription that I would be refunded within 5 working days,i have now been told i won't get my refund untill the hub has been returned then scanned at the returns centre,then i would get my refund up to 5 working days after,will i get my refund or will sky con me and make some excuse that they didn't get the sky stream box back?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: rerurning sky stream box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@madnessman79 Do you really think it's a scam?   You will get refunded once they receive the puck as advised.  

I'm sure a multi national company won't be desperate to keep £40 of yours.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@madnessman79 wrote:

i have now been told i won't get my refund untill the hub has been returned then scanned at the returns centre,

Which is how things work, if it has not been returned then you would be charged before being refunded as you appeared to have gone about this the wrong way. It would have been easier if you had taken in the delivery then told Sky you wanted to cancel then you could have printed your own return label and sent it off.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@madnessman79 wrote:

....will i get my refund or will sky con me and make some excuse that they didn't get the sky stream box back?

Did you get proof of posting? That will make it much easier in the event of any issue.

madnessman79
Topic Author
This message was authored by madnessman79 This message was authored by: madnessman79

advise: rerurning sky stream box

thanks everyone for your advice 

i really appreciate it,many many thanks to all of you,I have proof of postage,just in case.

thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion