Discussion topic: over due bill

This message was authored by stuart3009 This message was authored by: stuart3009

over due bill

just noticed that i have an outstanding balnce ive never failed a payment but on this occasion i had now when i TRY!!! to phone up and speak to advisor all i get is please clear the balance so how can i speak to advisor when it wont let me

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: over due bill

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You'll have to settle the outstanding balance first.

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@stuart3009 Sky's policy is that when you have an outstanding bill you can't speak to them untill you clear what is owed, you could try calling from a number not linked to your account however there is no guarantee that will work.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@stuart3009 
If your Sky services have been restricted (it’s normally only a missed payment that triggers this), Sky won’t reinstate them until you’ve paid what is owed in full and set up a new continuous payment method. If your payment is two or more weeks overdue you will have to pay the next bill as well. Any calls to Sky will only prompt you to make your payment.

If you can’t pay what you owe in one go you can pay what you want, but until the bill is fully paid Sky will not reinstate your services. Sky don't allow payment plans on overdue live accounts, nor will they consider promises to pay on or by a certain date.

Once your full payment has cleared and is in Sky’s account your services should be reinstated, but this may not be instant. Also, any payment you make over a weekend or on a Bank Holiday won’t be processed until the following week as banks are closed.

Once you’ve done all this you’ll be able to call Sky if you need to speak to an agent.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by NoahsAwks This message was authored by: NoahsAwks

Hey, 

Just popping on to say you're not alone in this, and it's incredibly frustrating. The policy is ridiculous and really not suitable, particularly when you may have disabled customers, those with aditional needs, older customers... there are so many reasons that blocking contact with customer service agents is bad practice and inappropriate. Basically, I'm sorry that you're stuck in this position, I feel the annoyance, and I'm stuck here too. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

I imagine Sky expects customers to pay their bill on time, or at least have the courtesy to contact them beforehand if they want to explain why it won't be paid on time.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion