Discussion topic: made a new agreement as I couldn't afford a double bill due to change of financial circumstances.

This message was authored by MikeG89 This message was authored by: MikeG89

made a new agreement as I couldn't afford a double bill due to change of financial circumstances.

just had. a discussion with sky a month ago as I had two bills that missed over Christmas, purely because my financial circumstances have changed meaning I couldn't afford it. as I'm a long standing customer they seemed very understanding and even squashed these bills if I paid a smaller amount, then was told this months bill would only be £42.83 then my usual bill of £20 thereafter. this was all fine. Then Friday night a payment request on my bank appeared asking for an extra £200 on my bill. As I can't afford this as I'm on a tight budget, I cancelled to DD to avoid it being taken. when I called yesterday they said I have to pay the full amount, even after explaining the agreement which they said there was 2 previous months that were brought up that they didn't tell me about or that they should have been squashed. Sky's customer service is getting as bad as Virgin Media's, which is a hell of an achievement. Really wishing I could leave but I'd have to pay more in cancellations to do so. thwy will be lucky to keep hold of my Custom when my contract ends as this is dishonest practice.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: made a new agreement as I couldn't afford a double bill due to change of financial circumstances

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MikeG89 wrote:
as this is dishonest practice.

@MikeG89 

It's very unusual for Sky to cancel any outstanding bills. Whilst being sympathetic to your current financial situation you agreed to make monthly payments of a certain amount which you've not done so Skys actions can't really be described as dishonest. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: made a new agreement as I couldn't afford a double bill due to change of financial circumstances

@MikeG89  we customers here can't know the detail of what was discussed a month ago, but if you believe they haven't acted in accordance with the agreement you made, ask them to listen to the recording of the call.

MikeG89
Topic Author

I called them up and they essentially credited my account with the 200 pounds so that woukd essentially take care of those amounts. the Dishonesty comes from telling me one thing and that agreement being reflected in Mysky app bills breakdowns up until the day before the bill was due. that is dishonest. you shouldn't tell customers, especially loyal customers that the balance has been essentially cleared and a smaller payment would be due the next month then slap the money back on it. I tried to reduce my bills with them to help.me afford it but as I just renewed I'm apparently tied down to that contract.

people's circumstances change, I wasn't just ignoring the bills, I was waiting on payments for work I did and never recieved.

MikeG89
Topic Author

I have filed a complaint so they should do that when they respond to me.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@MikeG89  For clarity you're not talking to Sky we are customers like you.  No one here would have told you anything.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

MikeG89
Topic Author

I understand that, but it's just to make fellow customers aware of situation I have had, this is a forum is it not. someone else may have had similar experiences.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@MikeG89 

I didn't say you ignored the bills. As suggested above make a complaint and Sky should be able to listen back on your original call and hear what was said and more importantly what was agreed. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
MikeG89
Topic Author

I know, I didn't.mean to sound like I was accusing you. I have complained and hopefully get some information back

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion