Discussion topic: made a manual payment

This message was authored by krastina This message was authored by: krastina

made a manual payment

I made a manual payment not realising that my direct debit will still go through so now I have payed this month's bill twice. Is there a way I can get a refund for the manual payment ?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: made a manual payment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@krastina 
If you have a continuous payment method set up you should never need to make a manual payment. A credit will appear on your account for the amount you have overpaid. This should automatically be used to pay your next bill so on that bill date no/less money should be taken from your account. I would recommend not making manual payments unless requested to by Sky.

However, if you prefer, once your extra payment is showing as a credit we can perhaps get you some help in getting it refunded (within the standard 3-5 working days) through the Messaging Team. Let us know on this thread if you want to do that having confirmed it’s showing as a credit.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
krastina
Topic Author
This message was authored by krastina This message was authored by: krastina

I would like a refund yes, it is showing my bill being in a negative amount so I suppose that should mean it is in credit, yes? If so I would like to get the amount refunded to me.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@krastina 
I’ll escalate your original post to Sky when it’s ten minutes old and the Messaging Team should contact you later.

You need to watch out for a post from one of the team inviting you to a private chat and then you should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains what happens.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Sky customer since 2001

@krastina 

Now escalated. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @krastina  an invite to chat.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion