Discussion topic: Paying £10 to renew my contract. 🤔

This message was authored by Windy75 This message was authored by: Windy75

Paying £10 to renew my contract. 🤔

1000022268.jpg

 Do you think it's fair for me to pay sky £10 to renewal my contract. 

I can't seem to imagine they need to do any extra work to ask me to pay £10 for doing what exactly 🤔🤔

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Paying £10 to renew my contract. 🤔

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Windy75  If you are doing this via the website then you will have no option. But if you call and maybe find that the advisor can waive the £10 admin charge for you.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Windy75 

Whether you think it's fair or not it's common practice. Admin charges are usually added to discounted deals (new or on renewal), and it’s normally £10 per discount. Perhaps check your future bills and see if the charges have been credited back. If you negotiated the deal on the phone and these admin charge(s) weren’t mentioned contact Sky again. They should be able to listen back on your original call and if they weren’t mentioned they will hopefully cancel them.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Windy75 wrote:

 Do you think it's fair for me to pay sky £10 to renewal my contract. 

Either way you've agreed to the charge in the terms and conditions of your contract, I'm afraid. 

Windy75
Topic Author
This message was authored by Windy75 This message was authored by: Windy75

I've not agreed to anything yet. I rang sky and apparently my contract isn't up until July so it shouldn't even be on there. 

They are going to escalate it up and investigate. 

This message was authored by DorsetJon This message was authored by: DorsetJon

@Daniel0210 blimey,I didnt know that about the discounts,Daniel.

So youre on the phone bartering and haggling for those juicy in contract discounts,but they then turn around and slap a 10'er's admin charge on those discounts,that youve been working hard to negotiate?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@DorsetJon wrote:

@Daniel0210 blimey,I didnt know that about the discounts,Daniel.

So youre on the phone bartering and haggling for those juicy in contract discounts,but they then turn around and slap a 10'er's admin charge on those discounts,that youve been working hard to negotiate?

Yeah, but they need to tell you about the admin charge before you agree to it, as its part of the T&Cs of the discount offered. If they don't mention it on the call, then raising an official complaint with Sky and asking them to listen to the recording will usually result in them waiving the admin fee.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Windy75 wrote:

I've not agreed to anything yet. I rang sky and apparently my contract isn't up until July so it shouldn't even be on there. 

They are going to escalate it up and investigate. 

If you have an existing subscription, you have a contract which includes your liability for the £10 charge on renewal. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion